Ads Top

Sing, eat, conquer, write, mentor, strip, step up and nock it in.

Custom POP throwback 001 #015 to #022
I need to pick this up since I am still keep on going even today. Let's get on rolling!
#015 Ansel Elgort as Baby/Miles (Baby Driver) Adding that little movement help me to at least portray the character enjoying his music and putting in the face details add a little more, well, character, to an admittedly simple POP design. It isn't far at all from the official version!
#016 Wendy (Wendy's) After coming across a number of animized version of the mascot, I decided to give it a go myself and adding a couple of things that define the franchise in its burger and of course the social media frenzy the twitter account has engineered. The wardrobe and hair I believe is represented well here and that slight change to the left eye makes the POP for me. This is the first attempt by me to add more character to the design that I will use again in the future as a viable approach.
#017 Steppenwolf (Justice League) If you remember, I did the rough sketch in Pangkor Island during the rare vacation with my younger brother and my mother. This looks almost identical with the official version sans the ax and the Motherbox and with less details, which are par for the course. Details have always been my priority, for better or for worse.
#018 Echo the courier (Tiny Echo) Small indie games may never get any chance to be adapted by Funko (but with Don't Starve and Ink and Bendy and the Ink Machine have its own wave recently, I hope it will turn around) hence my decision to adapt the main protagonist of this game that I played at the time. The real POP wouldn't have any deep outline like I made obviously and the eye could've been reinterpreted differently retrospectively.
#019 Kratos (PS4's God of War) My other main working approach in making customized Funko POPs is to adapt those properties that are still far from release to beat the company to the punch. The official version isn't that different as well but I am (and still) quite proud how I was able to portray Kratos here and how perfect everything looks here. When I say I am proud of certain works, I always mean it wholeheartedly since I do not say it too much because I don't want to come across as vain and self-absorb.
#020 Jim (Earthworm Jim) I thought it would be funny to have such a tiny POP for an essentially a literal earthworm. I believe it's in the spirit of the original character though. Oh, I am done with not letting you know what I am adapting by letting you guess since it's not productive at all.
#021 Jim in the suit with Plasma Blaster and Pocket Rocket (Earthworm Jim) Having an unconventional design does not hold me back from adapting it and I think he looks quite decent here considering. That rocket would be perfect for him to ride as a Funko Ride package ... I am still holding out hope!
#022 Ozge (Alfie) Here is my first serious stumble that forces me to think that I have to redo it all over again. The character is still developing in the series but it is such an interesting figure that I wanted to adapt it. Now I want to redo it because I learned from my mistakes and want to scale back my ambition before it swallow me whole. Did you read it by any chance? Bare in mind it is for mature readers only so Google responsibly. 
------
It's getting longer but the next one will allow me to go diagonally ... I love how many colours I use in this stage already!
~
Thank you for your time and please do come back for more. Assalamualaikum and good bye! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.