Ads Top

spoon, wings, festive, Frankenstein, android, Mary, escape, abomination ...

Custom POP throwback 002 #007 to #014 
I was getting the hang of it over time. There were many stumbles though!
#007 the Tick (the Tick) Seeing the then upcoming live action adaptation series and its updated suit, I know I had to adapt the original design and the signature chin. It was my first venture in making changes to the shape of the head and making the eyes different sizes and a first in drawing the mouth since I know it is needed here.
#008 Goliath (Gargoyles) One of my proudest designs since I knew its wave was rumoured to come then and I chose to adapt someone with a different body size and head shape. The final product looks great especially with the shading I convert from the drawn counterpart and the skin colour I get perfectly(?) for once.
#009 self (Raya 2) Another (and last) entry into the self portrait in my other outfit for the Syawal festivities so to speak. I've explained the Malay outfit and 'duit raya' in that post, but I want to emphasize my failed attempt to make the head shape resembled human more and while my facial features translated well, it was again the skin colour that failed me, which turns me off to make other self POP even until now.
#010 Beck (Beck) I think I adapted the dog well here especially with all the different parts of the body and their colours. I failed in making the legs proper by extending them too far apart and that was I hope my last attempt in changing the shape of the eyes. I am still proud of it especially with that title and the mangaka's name there.
#011 YoRHa No. 2 Model B (Nier Automata) Yeah, I went a bit far in changing the fundamental criteria of Funko POP to make it that much more anime-like. All the other aspects are done well enough to me that it was unfortunate I had to tinker with the head like that ... oh, this was also a product of its time.
#012 Yodus Udonta (Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2) Since they skip on his for the First Volume and the Second (they did adapted right after this design was finished), I tried to adapt as authentic as I could to pay a proper tribute to him. You can see that I adapted the one 'Mary Poppins' scene with him holding the Arrow and with that background of Ego. Proper shading of the glowing red light onto his skin makes this perfect!
#013 Six (Little Nightmares) I love playing the game that I had to adapt her and while I got the notion that she would look better with her hair just cover her whole eyes, I still think she looks great especially with that lighter's light perfectly shading her raincoat like that. A weird thing to be proud of is how well the legs turned out actually since I know I suck at drawing before and now I had gone so far ...
#014 Upin & Ipin (Upin & Ipin) Well, the concept was great but the execution left me wanting to be able to turn back time and redo the colouring of the skins. This is a very popular show back in my home country that it was sad to see I can't pay a proper tribute here. Maybe I should redo it again ...
------
There it is for today. Another eight is being included and this is how they look side by side ... you know that I will keep this going until I get everyone in one huge wallpaper, right? Stay tuned to see how it will turn out!
~

Thank you for your time and please do come back for more. Assalamualaikum and good bye! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.