Ads Top

as I am about to interact with cats ...

unreachable - retry - niche
pet peeves Monday 026 & misc list 108
Knowing that I am always around these felines, I want to interact with every one of them if I can but when you are outside and encountering one 'in the wild' so to speak, not everything will go in your favour ...:
#070: too precious of a gem
One thing that will always hurt me the most when I see a cat during my jog for example is when it is of a more exotic breed with particular type of fur and body characteristics, it hurts that much more when I can't approach it without it getting scared and scurry away. I know that most of them are really domesticated hence quite attached to its owner and essentially be a house pet, which will contribute to it being skittish around strangers. I comprehend the reason behind it but it doesn't make it hurt any less ...

#071: all efforts no payoff
There are instances when I meow to certain cats that I encountered that actually respond back, signifying their acknowledgement of my presence and actually stop itself from running and position itself to face me, blinking back to let me know it is okay for me approach. It is never a guarantee position for me and I still have to be careful but when I spend that extra moment to not get the desired result, through no fault of my own whether with the cat just stringing me along until the final moment to reject me or just a random passerby on a bike or car that startle the little guy to render my effort mute. Better luck next time ...

#072: not as universally loved as first though
When I am not jogging around, I will go around on my bike and when I come across one when I am on it, I will stop right away and try to go back to it if it is still there, but now with an added element of a handy cat food that I will always keep on my bike whenever there is a cat in my vicinity. Since I couldn't carry one with me when I am jogging, I will try to go back to the cats that I come across during my jog on my bike if it still around for me to feed them. There is a small chance of the cat that I offer the cat food to not actually eat it which I find fascinating. Of course I was disappointed at first but then understand that some of these cats have their own particular diets that they are used to that casual cat food will not be enough for them. If it is not to their liking, I might give in and buy the packet wet cat food instead.
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.