Ads Top

dare to dream a world of imagination

Daredevil - I Kill Giants the Gardens Between
pop culture dailies weekly monthly ...? 026
Weekend always much more slower comparatively here on my blog ... but I try my best and here is my 'daily' contribution to the conversation of pop culture:

Daredevil
 Season Three Trailer
[Netflix]
Ah, I am pumped for this Born Again arc for the fallen vigilante turned relentless crimefighter without mercy! After all the things he have suffered especially in the Defenders, his struggle to do right has now reaches its limit as he wants put an end to the infamous crime lord that was his main nemesis, now permanently. This harder edge comes alongside the return of the Kingpin who appears to be turning a new leaf which angers Matt Murdock even more since he knows who the real man is behind that mask. Speaking of which, Wilson Fisk is making his own plan in trying to frame Daredevil as a hero-turned-villain by having someone impersonating the blind vigilante by putting on the suit but then wreck havoc rather than saving those in needs. The more educated comic book and already can tell who is actually the mystery man, with how accurate his throw is a major telling. This is enough of a tease for me since I am already going to watch it anyway but this makes the wait so much harder!
I Kill Giants
Learning of the concept of a girl as the only person who knows of a secret society of hidden monsters that threaten to come out of the hiding and bring the city into chaos and with her acting alone armed with the knowledge to keep them out and even put them down, I tuned in to see how the graphic novel is being adapted and I have to say the world building is excellent with as we follow the main protagonist going around town putting on protections, creating baits and even confront emerging giants. How her mission is slowly being peeled off and uncovered with an introduction of a new transfer student as we learn the real truth behind all of this is the main throughline of the film and the journey itself to me really makes it for me. Another movie comes to mind but if I mention the title then you'll know exactly why they are being compared with each other ... if you want to know, it's a certain film whereby Liam Neeson voice acting as a giant wood creature. Let's just say the ending is quite similar and both of them do not fail to make me bawl myself out.

the Gardens Between
[the Voxel Agents]
Seeing the first screenshots of this game, I know I can't wait to play it as it brings back memories of FEZ and other similar colourful and quirky platformers. Playing it myself for a number of rounds I am loving the concept of manipulation of time in this weird world that blend real life items and fantastical characters as we follow the two human characters going around the island while trying to figure out the puzzle to open the portal at the top. There are a number of inventive ways that I come across already to do so and while how the world is affected by the passage of time and my manipulation of it makes my eyes widen in amazement every time, it is the destination this time around that takes the cake for me as we see where the aforementioned items actually play a part in their life together as their friendship blossom from the moment they meet each other. I'm not sure where this game will go but I am always looking forward to play in the world of their imaginations ... 
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.