Ads Top

Marvel-heavy, as it should be ...

POPs of the day 036
2018 SDCC exclusives personal picks
:
She looks virtually the same as my own version of hers months ago although with a better hair (I could never draw them well enough ...) and correctly with swords on both hands, with correct skin tone as well. One to buy definitely.
I'm not sure whether or not his thunder powers are properly represented here but it looks great nevertheless as it represents him unleashing his full powers at the end of the third act. I can't wait to see if they would adapt him in his final version from Infinity War. I might just do it myself ...
This is certainly out of left field and I didn't actually see it coming since it wasn't mentioned in the rumour mill at all (at least that's how I remember it). He wore it in one of the many post-credit scenes of Vol. 2 and accidentally stabbed Drax with it and albeit it was a short scene, this would be a great addition to the second GotG wave nonetheless.
I based it straight off the graphic novel from this specific one but I didn't know he had a much cuter version in a pajamas! I used the same concept of having enlarged head for their POPs but I guess not changing it when the head and the body is the same size is just common sense I guess. That POP would be one of the best flocked version yet in recent waves!
This translates beautifully especially with their signature hero pose that I beat myself up for not coming up with it in the first place! Just look at that, how perfect he looks! This would be on the top of my list of what to but off of these exclusives, with that retro outfit and that signature helmet looks fitting instead of awkward. I applaud the artists behind its inception.
One of the rare entries into the director segment, following up on Guillermo del Toro (which he got most possibly because of his Academy Award win) is Taika Waititi, the director of the recent Thor: Ragnarok. If you're not familiar with his track record already, I'm pretty sure you might be surprised to see outfit here but if you know how eccentric he was, you might see this just part of the norm for him. FYI, this is based on his outfit that he wore for the Comic-Con last year, and the choice to apply pink that wasn't there before actually accentuates the POP even more to add to the allure of this POP.  

Ah, why didn't I think of adapting this before?! Just look at how it looks! It looks so well done that it looks like it belongs to one of those box subscription, just like this one. Granted that it might be hard to get as all Comic-Con exclusives are but this should be available to more people since it symbolizes the start of the titan that is MCU.
I'm glad that Scott Pilgrim has always been giving entry after another year after year since it was such a cult hit that just couldn't find its audiences in its initial run. I just hope that Funko would turn their attention other cult hits that don't get their dues eventually in the future but this 2-pack is quite niche that it is perfect for a convention exclusive.
  
~~~
Thank you for your time and please do come back for more. Assalamualaikum and good bye! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.