Ads Top

SUPER, SUPER RING!

Foodie Friday 007
 Super Ring 
[ORIENTAL]
Availability: local region-wide
Well, there had been quite an absence for this particular segment (and that Wednesday one that should not be mentioned!) since I was quite bogged down by the responsibility to fill up the aforementioned segments which in turns forcing me to overlook them altogether when I couldn't just come up with suitable materials but not anymore! I will try to make up for the void by doing double features possibly or even just a random entry for this segment in the foreseeable future, so there's that.

Following up on that durian-flavoured popcorn delicacy, this is another personal favourite of mine that I would seek for if my rare crave for junk food materializes from time to time. As longlasting as that aforementioned golden treat was in my life starting from my childhood even until now, this ring has been alongside it throughout, being a fitting alternative for me if I couldn't find one in a store but do have the other one available. Surprisingly as well, the packaging virtually never changes over the years, aside from its recent 'modernization', with the logo, the cracker and yes the mascot being updated just to keep it standing out among dozens other products. With that now shinier indigo background, I'm pretty sure that makes that job easier!

That packaging still remains essentially the same to me so it will always be associated to this particular brand to me whenever it catches my eyes when I am browsing through the aisle. For your information, it is also available regionwide in the stores everywhere but based on my personal opinion, it is certainly have a longer lasting after taste hence in turns have less nutritional values than that Popcorn, if there is any in the first place. Speaking of which, its ring shape is a different sensation on my fingers and in my mouth while still have that satisfying crunch after every bite. With that being said, it has an extra trait of a layer of cheesy goodness over each cracker that would coat the inside of your mouth and your tongue and coating your fingertips, the aftereffect that fellow snack lovers would be instantly familiar with. I couldn't actually pinpoint what exactly the taste is other than just predominantly cheese and other miscellaneous artificial seasonings ... it all combine into a delicious treat for me!

As I've stated above, this is a less healthier alternative so do consume in moderation. I will always say this in every post in this segment: be mindful of what you put into your own body since it will affect your life whether in big or small ways.
-
a case for the delicacy of the meaty proportion:
+ Positives +
Cheesy goodness!
? Main contention ?
Again, they are going with the 'if it is not broke, don't fix it' approach. A little variety would not hurt!
- Negatives -
That cheesy layers could not be to the liking of few. I know, shocking!
~
Since they are food preservatives and additives used, the aftertaste could not be pleasant to some. x2
! Warning !
Quite an addictive munch if I went by my own experience ... please eat in moderation. x2
j preferred way of eating f
I could eat it one by one to savour the taste but mostly I would devour with three to four crackers at one time since I want to get rid of that cheesy layer on my fingers as soon as possible.
* sense of touch & taste *
Crackers should always be crunchy, hence the name, and this one does not disappoint but the cheese layers would definitely satisfy your sense of touch even more. That cheesy taste is uniquely its own!
 <+> 
I'm reiterating the point from Popcorn snack: don't come to snacks to look for healthy alternatives. 
RM
There is actually a mini version and a regular version ... the former is around 40 cents while the latter is below RM 2.00 price tag. At least you can choose whether to buy the big one or just the small one!
--
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.