Ads Top

for your food

before - illusion - no partner
Tips, see Thursday 002 & misc list 012
I've been quite preoccupied this week and being out and away from home two days of the week really affect how I handle my blog and my posts. I'm trying to bounce back with this relatively new segment (I'm guessing that food segment would have to wait again):
#004: before hungry & full
There is a sunnah in my religion that is based on the life of our Prophet, Nabi Muhammad SAW that you should eat before you are hungry and you should stop before you are full. More than just a teaching without any substance, there is always health benefits behind every action and this one in particular would keep you healthy by training you to not overlook anything that your body needs, making you eat to fuel up your body before it even need to ask for it. For the second part, you should also eat in moderation and not keep eating for a prolonged amount of time even after you are full and burping already. All those unneeded access would only be save as extra fat and affect your health in the future. After all that clunky advice, I hope you get the point I'm trying to convey ... 

#005: no multitasking
A simple advice by my father ever since my childhood is that I should not eat and drink at the same time. I used to keep doing so at first but later found out that it is all to ensure I would eat everything on my plate rather than keeping the cycle of eating food and drinking refreshment going without a care. This would get me full with all that food and liquid in my stomach but still with some extra food left, forcing me to be wasteful and throw it all away just because I am just a bit gelojoh and not smartly pacing myself. Man, I can't write today! Do you understand this nonsense? If so, that's good ...

#006: trick your mind with visual illusion
I couldn't remember where I get this particular trick from but it is something that I did for the first time before and have not look back since, since it is such a simple switch and yet really effective. To avoid eating too much by thinking that you need to fill up your big plate, just switch it with a smaller plate. Voila! It may not work right away when you are not accustomed to the smaller portion but if you educate yourself by lessening the size of the dish and plate gradually, I can guarantee you that you will at least will eat less than before! If not, I don't know what to tell you anymore.
This is actually Delboeuf Illusion.
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.