Ads Top

A sentence sometimes is just enough.

Writing Prompts 007 One Sentence Horror Story

I have been busying myself with a lot of stuff lately that I have forgotten the wonderful medium of writing, that was until I found this particular intriguing writing prompt on imgur which triggers my need to do one myself. Reading back my most recent entry for this particular segment,  it gave me a different kind of sensation that I have not felt in a long time, going on a journey of a different kind. Wouldn't you agree?

With that being said, this particular prompt is a simple and unique one that I could keep going anytime that I am inspired. Let's see first how much I can conjure up in one go:

~
You've gotten into an accident in the middle of nowhere and it's pitch black with your bike unable to restart again and you have no idea what caused the accident in the first place.
-
II
Getting into an elevator with a person already inside, the exact instance you started to sense something is wrong, the elevator stops suddenly as the lights begin to flicker.
--
III
As you are laughing watching a show on the television, there is suddenly a black out and you heard your laughs are being accompanied by another, seeing nothing but hearing it stops suddenly right after you did.
---
IV
Living in a world being crafted by every bad choices you have made in your life, your wish to redo it all over again is met somehow when you met a jinn in your dreams and being presented with the opportunity to do so, but with an accompanying warning of every action have consequences. 
----
V
Having a fear of water, even taking a bath is a hassle when you have to wash your hair but today the fear materialises as you accidentally swallow some water and slowly choking to death.
-----
VI
After being scarred by too many failed relationship in the past, you actually come across someone in the bar that have all the ideal partner materials you are looking for but as you start to open up, you know that it is just too good to be true and that's when it starts to fall apart right in front of you. 
------~

- The End? -

Thank you for reading through this mini list of possible horror-tinged situations. I've been thinking of doing this daily actually, posting one entry each day for the header of the blog. At least there is some use for the header, right?!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.