Ads Top

"If no one else defends the world, then I must."

Wardrobe Wednesday 013
Wonder Woman's
Leather Cap
~ ~ ~
newera x DC >

Even though I couldn't put on as  much entry as I wanted into this segment, I will try my darnest to do as much as I can as long as I have the materials to base it on. As the preface becomes shorter and shorter, saving you from having to go through my rambling nonsense and just get on with it.
With that being said, I've been wanting to cover this particular type of wardrobe that I acquired just weeks ago, something that I could cross off my wish list or holy grail after acquiring a large sum of money from the government. I've been eyeing this product every time I came across it as I went through the mall window-shopping but since now I have the means to meet the needs, I have to pick and choose carefully which one could actually be mine! Truth be told, I was looking for that wacky Doctor Strange cap but it turned out was bought between the times I went to the mall but I found the next best thing, the next one on the list: the Wonder Woman leather cap!
Doesn't it look gorgeous! The fashion statement that would make it stands out among the crowd is the use of synthetic leather for the top part of the cap as the front part (the face, right?) have the signature logo of Wonder Woman that is contrasting perfectly, the shiny, reflective gold thread against the dark red background. The dark gold used inside the logo, the lining outside of the logo that makes it pop and the added textures on the background that resembles the actual battle suit worn by the Amazonian in the film just ...  "complete the look!" Oh, that gold string across the cap is the icing on the cake, the most perfect representation of the Lasso of Truth! I appreciate the full coloured Themyscera scenery and the Diana Prince herself being used in the inside cover and of course there's one on in the inside tongue as well (alongside the trademark size sticker placed strategically on top of her face). Oh, that representation of her combat skirt on top of the tongue shouldn't be overlooked as well, just a gift that keeps on giving. As my first brand new newera cap, it couldn't have been better!
-
a case for the cleanly designed shirt:
+ Positives +
The decision to represent the iconic battle suit she wear is a strike of genius, wonderfully represented in this design of the cap! You won't mistook it for anything else!
~
Gold aesthetic aplenty with big logo and 'lasso' at the front ... and the newera logo at the side and the simplified version of the logo at the back compliments by the dark red background and the other complimentary designs makes this cap the gem of my collection.
~
Oh, the sturdiest cap I have yet, thanks to the extra layers and thick artificial leather!
? Main contention ?
I do not have any reservation at all in wearing a female-centric product since I appreciate all pop culture properties equally and wear any merchandise loud and proud if I deem it worthy. This particular one definitely is!
- Negatives -
Buying the product straight off the shelves comes with its own risks and drawbacks such as a few wear and tears in scuffs on the leather and the slight unraveling of the gold string for example.
~
Pretty sure because of the use of leather and extra layers in the cap, it feels heavier on the head ... but I'm fine by that since I want to keep it as pristine as possible and would wear it only when I watch a superhero feature. 
RM
RM 219. That price had always push me away from these premium headwear but I understand that you buy it for that kind of price for the guarantee of quality and at times smart designs. Money for value!
? Value ?
+ design - loose fit + ornate + movie merchandise + string + leather - wear & tear = 90%
--
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.