Ads Top

Cuckoo!

Foodie Friday 008
chicken cutlet
[ pending...]
Availability: local region-wide (?)
Another segment that I am having quite a hard time in trying to fill with adequate entries, trying to find products that could follow up on previous efforts but since it didn't bear fruit currently, I am changing my game plan so to speak and just cover any food that I eat in my daily life rather than out of my way trying to pinpoint some products. It should be personal and natural, I shouldn't force it although all of my previous entries are the regulars that I would turn to if I'm in strapped for a quick much to satiate my hunger.

Here's my first quick entry with that mindest in mind, a chicken pate that came into the market just a couple of years ago. The local food culture has been spearheaded by stalls lately that sell fastly-assembled food and drinks by mostly focusing on one specific item or central theme, littering the sidewalks and roadside to be as accessible to the customers as possible. One of the products that has been quite popular in the menu is this poultry product that is simple yet so delicious. Simply using chicken breasts (it's breast, right? I'm not educated enough of the parts ...) and flatten them into a literally lean meat, then battering them up with a light batter and cook them in boiling hot cooking oil. The result is an evenly cooked chicken with a light, thin crunchy batter surrounding each piece.


This particular brand (I've seen two different two different one here in Selangor ... I'm sure they are others out there across the country) have two varieties for the chicken pate: an expensive but certainly filling huge pate and a mini pate on a stick, which I bought in this instance. The former is perfect to be eaten on an empty stomach and you are yearning for a protein-heavy dish while the latter is a good alternative if you are a bit peckish and looking for something to munch upon. I always ask for the addition of extra pepper and chili powder on them since they adds little dimensions that I appreciate and it's not too spicy that it could make me sweat (I tend to when I eat spicy things). Funny and tragic story; I tried to eat them once on my bike but little did I know how the powder could be airborne by the wind, straight into my eyes as I thankfully did not panic and had to stop at the side of the street to take in the pain and just blink them off. There were some passerby that wondered why I was shouting in agony by myself but I was too embarrassed to admit what happened ...

-
a case for the quick chicken delicacy:
+ Positives +
Great poultry sensation! I really don't know what else to say here ...
? Main contention ?
There are others such as hotdog and even squid. Give them a go if you aren't into chicken!
- Negatives -
Certainly not for the health-conscious!
! Warning !
Don't eat it when you are on a bike. I learned it the hard way!
j preferred way of eating f
On the go since it is always be packed in a handy packaging.
* sense of touch & taste *
The crunchiness of the outer layer crust complimenting the smooth texture of the chicken.
The batter itself had a its own flour(?) taste while the chicken is always ... great.
Adding the pepper and chili powders certainly add to the eating experience!
 <+> 
Since it is cooked with oil, please be mindful when consuming it, eat in moderation. 
RM
RM 1.00 per piece is quite cheap in today's culture. The increase to RM 7.00 for the big one I can't quite agree though!
? Value ?
+ durability + quick + tasty - unhealthy -  = 50%
--

- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.