Ads Top

"I know my value."

Wardrobe Wednesday 014
Agent Carter shirt
TeeFury x Marvel >


It's been awhile ... As I've stated before, it's quite hard to find anything that is worth writing on but in this occasion, it is a happy exception.
My regular visitors should already know that I have quite the passion for pop culture that have started a few years ago and it most possibly started by the emergence of the MCU that was kickstarted by Iron Man. I am quite fond with the computer games that I have played throughout my youth but this is a different animal altogether. Since I have been its growth from just an Easter Eggs between the movies into this current full-blown rich universe that is leading the industry in enriching the superhero sub-genre into the leading action blockbuster it is now, I will consume anything that comes out that have any connection with Marvel Cinematic Universe, including the television shows on abc and Netflix (hulu's the Runaways is under the same umbrella, right?). One of the most unfairly undderrated is the period spy drama Agent Carter led by the ever classy and powerful Hayley Atwell, being cut down before reaching its full potential because of not finding its audience on a dated platform. !
Being set in the post-WW2 era, the role of women in the society was still under ridiculous scrutiny and Peggy just came into the scene by kicking down the door and breaking down the barrier, fixing the social norm by leading by example as the top agent for SHIELD. With that being said, I still can't believe that it is not being celebrated more for being such a solid series despite its short two seasons run but I did not hesitated at all to buy this shirt when I discovered it out of nowhere in the nearby thrift/bundle store. If the company would not give her her proper due, I will give her my own tribute by wearing this shirt proudly outside and if by any chance somebody in the public recognize her signature look from the pilot, I will at least know there is a kindling with the same interest out there, walking among us ... Oh, the shirt itself is quite simple with the blue colour scheme matching her suit in question while the fan art used is perfect. What about that tagline though!
-
a case for the clean cut commemorative shirt:
+ Positives +
Beautiful print of a nice fan art of a wonderful character.
~
Simplicity at its finest, as the  whole attention should be centered on the print itself!
? Main contention ?
I wonder those who sold this shirt even know from where the character is. I do!
- Negatives -
It's heartbreaking that the first shirt I found of Agent Carter in the wild was not made by Marvel itself ... do they even made one? Do they even care?!
RM
RM 27. They put that price based on the quality of the shirt itself. I think it's worth it!
? Value ?
+ design + form-fitting + TV merchandise + MCU + fan art - second fiddle = 90%
--
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.