Ads Top

"Let the hunt for Halliday's Easter Egg begins."

Ready Player One
Mini Review
[04th of April, 2018]
[PG-13, 2hr 20min, Action, Adventure, Nostalgia, Pop culture, Science Fiction]

I know it's a bit late, a week late actually considering it premiered last week but I didn't have the time to watch it myself which was unlike myself. Since I do not have the signature image of me holding the movie ticket over the cinema, I think you can deduce yourself how I actually watched it but bare in mind that I actually want to do a double feature with A Quiet Place tomorrow since it is a movie that would reward a repeat viewing and I want to give my money to a worthy movie especially one made by the one Steven Spielberg.
Trying to push this out as soon as possible because I will be out tomorrow and want to post something that have some contents that you guys and girls could appreciate. I know I will appreciate even more on the bigger silver screen! With that being said, I've known of this property back when it was a book Ernest Cline and I listen to its audiobook in its entirety a couple of years ago, completely immersed in the pop culture world he has created and revolves the storyline around. Learning that Steven Spielberg himself would actually adapt it into a big studio motion picture, I know that there is no one else better to handle this tricky project. Having finished watching it just albeit in a not-so-ideal resolution, I can safely say that he did a splendid job in adapting the original source material while modernizing certain parts that could be dated or not as relatable since the original author includes a lot of obscure games that litter his book. Despite changing how the characters meet and where they have to go to get the three keys, the main theme is still strong in each scene.
If you're still not familiar with the premise, it is around a MMORPG that has been the cornerstone of the society in the future and leading their economy as virtually everyone is using it but then the creator reveals there are three keys that the players need to search for to lead them to the Easter Egg and in turns the ownership of the whole universe as well. This is a journey of one of the players that is obsessed with the owner that needs to fight against a corporation that play the game to own it rather than enjoy it. The world-building is excellent as you'll get onboard the CG world with their in-game avatars right away, with bright visuals and wonderful concepts being brought to life while the limitless Easter Eggs throughout the whole pop culture spectrum from one end to another, from games to movies, from the classics as well as more modern properties! After the surprisingly enjoyable Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, this continues the trend of excellent game movies based on nonexistent games, other than those used in the movie of course.
 - IMDb wiki -
P.S. How much Easter Eggs that you can identify throughout the film? I'm reaching a dozen for the first viewing!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.