Ads Top

"Life, uh ... finds a way."

Wardrobe Wednesday 011
Universal Studios Japan's
Jurassic Park shirt
~ ~ ~
Universal Studios? >
I have a lot to make up for since it has been weeks since the last entry into this particular segment. As I try to make up for lost time with the food segment, I will try my darnedest to do the same for this segment ... bare in mind that I might make up entries for both segment regardless of the day, hopefully will be posted sporadically throughout the week. With that being said, I have to say that bundle-browsing have come to the rescue again, that is if you have the capital to spend it on.
When I do not, I become a bit more passive in hunting for clothes, making my urge to visit the bundle shops nearby dwindle down since I do not want to search through countless options and having unable buy that one piece of clothing that I actually would want in my collection. When I do, the opposite happens and that's when I do find a gem such as this gorgeous Jurassic Park T-shirt! I can't believe no one else have grab it right away when it is put up on the rack but I guess it is quite rare to find anyone else that is looking for specific pop culture merchandise just like me, especially in this rural part of Selangor. Aside from the shirts from my previous employment as a reserved Malaysian soldier, I do not have casual wardrobe with the camouflage aesthetic and this actually adds to it with a wonderful prehistoric twist!
The first thing that caught my eyes when I stumbled upon it was the camouflage motive going all over the shirt or rather the smart visual switcheroo with the dinosaurs replacing the leaves, perfectly in line with the Jurassic theme and represents the cult classic Steven Spielberg wonderfully. Since the 'camouflage' stands out on its own, there is no need to add to the noise, with the iconic logo and the name of the real life theme park, Universal Studios Japan as just the perfect icing on the cake! I'm not sure what is the exact date or year it was initially first sold in the park but I can tell from the fabric loosing its softness slightly that it has safely been at least a couple of years since then. I am for sure would take good care of it since it is a beautiful merchandise for a beloved film of mine and if I am fortunate enough to go to the park itself, I can wear it loud and proud in its place of origin!
-
a case for the vibrant animal tributes:
+ Positives +
Wonderful Jurassic twist on the camouflage aesthetic, which won't be too apparent at least under much closer inspection. That gorgeously bright logo would be worn proudly by this movie enthusiast!
? Main contention ?
There is no tag to actually tell me that it is exactly what it says on the print! But the quality of the shirt is enough for me to make an educated guess that it is what it is.
- Negatives -
Nothing really ... but if I have to be nitpicky the cotton could be in a better condition but that's the risk that you have to take when you go bundle-browsing!
RM
I can't remember again the exact number but it was below RM30 ... maybe RM 28? It's worth every cent in my opinion.
? Value ?
+ Design - flimsy + dinosaur + movie merchandise + camouflaged as something else - no tag though = 80%. The math doesn't add up but that's how I feel every time I look at that shirt!
--
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.