Ads Top

guilty for plating

take your time ...
guilty pleasures Tuesday 015 & misc list 078
Guilty Pleasure Traits =
+ visual treat - extra work = So-so
Trying to find subjects to cover for this segment, as always I kept looking around the place and finally struck with inspiration when I was about to have my lunch. 

It can be included in the guilty pleasure category from a certain point of view since it can be a hassle for others to do while it was a small delight for me to do every time my stomach starts to rumble. I of course talking about food plating, the simple notion of trying to plate your food in a visually pleasing manner whether for better or for worse. Maybe it would be a hassle at first to know which one goes on the plate first and whether their placing would make eating them that much harder but if you can be pleased with a nice aesthetic as I am, you know the appearance of the end product would be worth all the trouble.

In no way that I could view my plating as even approaching the level of the professional chefs out there but I am inspired by their works that I can always see on the television, making the dishes look visually pleasing as well as appetizing to the viewer's eyes. Instead of just putting the rice in the middle with the side dishes being put all over the plate willy-nilly without any thought behind it, taking that extra moment to think which part of the dish should go where to make the dish looks presentable to they eyes I know makes the eating experience that much rewarding to me. Try giving it a go and let me know how you feel at the end of it.

If it does not appeal to you even after you've done it yourself, then it is just not for you. That's the basis for guilty pleasures, right? Not every one have the same one ...


-

Chance of Hitting Mainstream =  70% since not many would spend that time to do it ...

a case for the beautiful placement over practicality:
+ Highlights +
love the visuals that I can come out with with my bare hands ...
? Main contention ?
needs extra efforts ...
- Lowlights -
... that admittedly serves no practical purpose in the end.
~
{ underlying themes }
treating food as more than just things to consume is adding to your character ultimately.
--

No list for today ... what can I list here for this specific topic?

.
+ . ? . - .
---
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.