Ads Top

as I am trying to browse ...

blank - hover + pressure - dust
pet peeves Monday 020 & misc list 089
After looking for a new monitor for my family's gaming rig yesterday, it led me to introduce new pet peeves that I haven't noticed as much before ... :
#055: no price included!
I can put myself in their shoes, having the prices of their merchandises displayed out right would indicate the type of lifestyle they are catering to but it can also be viewed as shoving the prices on the faces of those who could only afford to window shop there. Pulling the prices off the display have its pros and cons, with the potential customers having to judge the product based on its quality itself rather than the price itself but it can also set them up for a false pretense and giving them illusion of acquiring something that is actually out of their price range. When I see certain products being displayed, it is much more easier for me to quickly browse through them if they have their prices at the ready compared to when I have to ask the worker how much they cost. It would be more efficient for me and for the worker as well, as we both won't be disappointed in the end. Is that so much to ask for?

#056: hover x2
Okay, I know it has been touched before but I am adding a little more ... creases(? nope that's not it ...) on the predicament. Not only do I find the constant monitoring gives me an extra unneeded pressure to buy their products, it is when they begin to recommend the product to you without prompted that push it to another level. Whether this is a requirement the manager or owner of the place force upon their workers to do every time a customer walks through the door or just their own motivation to accrue sales on their own names, it just breaks my heart every time that I have gently turn their offer down, saying that I'll be keep looking around ... 

#057: refurbish if need be
Another point that I want to reiterate with the inclusion of products being displayed in special lit up cases or something of the same ilk. Whether intentional or not, I might pass judgement on the management of a certain establishment by looking at how they treat their products being displayed throughout the shops. This may not matter for branded outlets for example but for smaller shops you can see the discrepancies between one place to another by how they display their products and well they are taken care of during its stay there. From the occasional accumulating dust to the fingerprints of curious onlookers and the miscellaneous unidentifiable stains, you will be surprised by how much people would overlook if they are not told to do anything about them. I appreciate those who take the initiative to clean up themselves since first appearance matters to me whenever I buy my product especially if I have a number of candidates and it could play into my final decision.
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.