Ads Top

tied to a fate worse than love

Delicious Iron Fist - Love, Simon
pop culture dailies weekly monthly ...? 020
I am trying to make it as frequent as possible ... :

Delicious: Emily's Hopes & Fears
[Gamehouse Games]
This might be a bit random series of games for those of you not get bitten by the Diner Dash bug, now a game subgenre whereby you need manage an establishment as the waiter and sending food to the customers as well as matching them until the end of the (game) day. While Delicious borrow the basic game mechanics from the trendsetter, it has a more proper storyline that I could actually follow rather than just being basic window dressings to transition from one stage to another. Having characters that I could invest in makes the gaming experience that much better, compared to only being surface level caricatures. I love this kind of genre of finger dexterity and pattern recognition and Delicious is one of the best. Do you a favourite for this subgenre?

Iron Fist s02e01-e05
<Marvel> [Netflix]
Having gone one of the most disastrous debut seasons yet for the Netflix Marvel series after unfortunate forced shootings with lack of preparations, now they started anew after learning their lessons and while I am just five episodes in, I can safely say that the sophomore effort is definitely better in every part of the season. I will cover the whole thing after I finish watching them but with a singular(?) threat a more straightforward storytelling with already established characters, it feel a lot more streamlined and in turns much more sweeter. I can''t wait to finish it!

Love, Simon
I watched it months ago already but I want to highlight it since it is such an important film for the youth especially those that are struggling with their sexuality. As I've mentioned in my recent podcast, I appreciate when people can embrace their true selves including their own sexuality despite what my religion told me since I sincerely believe people should be free to be themselves. Despite a recent turn for the better for the LGBTQ community, there are still stigma among people especially among the older generations that still view this 'lifestyle' as sinful and while the main protagonist's community is much more acceptable compared to those who have to live through much more harder real life counterparts, the film itself helps tremendously in representing a teenager in this specific scenario who struggles to 'come out of the closet' to the family and friends. Despite never being in the same predicament myself, I can really relate to Simon who can't accept who he really is in fear of the repercussions of people knowing it. It is a really heartwarming story that I am sure you can empathize with ... we are all human, right?

-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.