Ads Top

monitor the letter to your extraterrestrial friend

Black Mirror To All the Boys I've Loved Before Bumblebee
pop culture dailies weekly monthly ...? 023
Let me try to be faithful to its origin by making it daily. Again pushing it too late this day, let's see what I can write under the haziness of the drowziness ...:

Bumblebee
[Paramount Pictures]
From my previous teaser review, I've been having hope for this pseudo-sequel/spinoff with Travis Knight of LAIKA fame at the helms and how they focus on the relationship between the human and the titular Transformer. Speaking of which, we see so many more of their homeplanet and subsequent Autobots and Decepticons with all of them having their original G1 looks which make us feel like this is going to be much more faithful of the original '80s cartoons.Having two threats trying to hunt down the refugee of the war would be the throughline of the film but I'm sure this budding relationship would be the focus. If this is a step in the right direction to return the franchise back to form, I can't wait to see where they can go after this.
Black Mirror s04e02 Arcangel
[Netflix]
Directed by Jodie Foster, this episode's theme deals with more on how the technology is affecting the people's lives when they start to depend on it too much and how it makes their world worse because of it. Having an implant that can monitor your child and censor the world would do wonders for the parents that could not be there fully for them, but when you are being too paranoid or begin to abuse that power, you know it is only time before your life would start to unravel because of your careless and selfish intuitions. The fans of the original series might not like how it focuses more on the human relationship rather than the technology but I love the juxtaposition with other episodes. That's the beauty of an anthology such as Black Mirror. I'm taking my time to finish this fourth season.
To All the Boys I've Loved Before
[Netflix]
I've heard good things about this film and it actually lives up to it as a wonderful high school drama of a girl having her secret letters written to her previous 'flings'  being sent without her knowing and had to deal with the repercussions. The script subvert to a different direction when there is a certain revelation and even though the conventional tropes are still being used, it is still an effective and heartwarming story of finding love out of the most unexpected situation. It makes me want to fall in love, just a little bit. Taking that step will always be daunting but you'll never know until you take that chance. Oh, there are level of attractions that you need to find out yourself before you know you fall for someone for the right reason ... and I want to highlight Lana Condor who plays the main protagonist so well. I can really relate to her approach and her portrayal makes me empathize even more.
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.