Ads Top

everything needs to be a competition

topic of the day 057 & picture of the day 000
(belated) pop culture brackets
What, who, when, how, why? Then, so?
I know it's a bit late (two months late actually) but I can see the justification of trying to clash the properties together and see which is the best, or at least try to see it for the sake of it. Here I go.  
Starting with Disney, it couldn't be any harder ... but I appreciate the bracket maker to group them into specific, fitting categories. Bambi is my choice for old school since I always love to see animals with human emotions while the millennial section has the Lion King coming out on top for me with its adventure, drama and levity making me coming back every time. For the turn of the century, my love for the genre would have Incredibles as the epitome of a perfect family superhero film but anything from the perfect Toy Story trilogy would get my pick over anything else.
As for the final two, the Lion King edges Bambi with its representation of Hamlet family drama while the family of superheroes has the closest fight yet with the toys being brought to life, as my aforementioned passion is just too much.
 Hm ... it's gotta be Incredibles for me over the Ling King. I apologize!
This is a category I don't playing around with. That ratings appear accurate and that Vikingdom hurts though since it was a local production. That number ten is son unnecessarily long while Big Ass Spider and Sharnado are in the league of their own. While Rapture Palooza is the dated product of its time, People of a Feather takes the cake for me.
Here's another animated bracket but I won't be as detailed as before, I can't take it anymore. On the right side, I will pick Zootopia as it resonates with me the most and it provides that rare ability to commentate on the current culture while the left side have me picking Inside Out as it provides the window into the minds of adolescence and the journey to appreciate thinking process have me to reflect on myself.
This is such a huge bracket that it is like four brackets in one big one, but here I go.
My Nickelodeon's favourite show is Spongebob Squarepants of course since it will never fail to make me laugh every time while Samurai Jack is my favourite Cartoon Network program, as the sheer style and storytelling has me hooked from start to finish. Disney Channel's Kim Possible kept me entertained throughout my childhood with its school drama and spy action while Avatar: the Last Airbender is a series like no other, having such a realised world with an engaging storyline with Aang and Korra.
The sea sponge can't fight for the time traveler samurai's place in my heart and the manipulator of elements is just better than a teenage spy for me.
If I have to choose one over the other, it is the Airbender for me over Jack since I appreciate the former a little bit more. This hurts ...
Oh, I think I would want to keep this for another day. Stay tuned ...
The outings from these three studios are certainly lesser than Disney and Pixar but there are shining gems among them, such as the surprisingly wonderful the Peanuts Movie that is the ultimate feel good film. Kung Fu Panda and How to Train your Dragon are the best examples they should follow upon. If I have to to choose one, it will have to be the Dragon since it is such a personal story that I could relate to and that universe is the best realized and have the most potential to grow.
Comic book heroes are not too familiar for me since I do not really read much comic but I at least know the characters listed here. The regions are not actually accurate but I get the point. My last four should be Batman, Spider-Man, Doctor Doom and Joker. Spider-Man trumps all since he is the most relatable and having to deal with powers despite being a teenager.
I couldn't agree with much of the decisions of whom going over another but I can definitely agree with the final decision of having the Simpsons as the victor. That Batman though ...

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.