Ads Top

"Dead or alive, you're coming with me."

Wardrobe Wednesday 017
Robocop
< Lootcrate >
Okay, let's keep this going! I actually keep on accumulating 'new' (read: old) clothes for the past week, with two 'new' caps added to the collection as well. I want to keep on piling up any shirt that have pop culture reference on it but I do need to keep tabs on how much I have been spending so far, which reached over hundreds of Ringgit. Thankfully that the nearby thrift stores do not rotate their stock with newer ones too much for a month, letting me recuperate before diving back into it once again. With that being said, here is my wardrobe of the day! 
I've heard through the grapevines that pop culture-based subscription box services started to gain momentum and popularity over a couple of years ago Stateside with Lootcrate being one of the leading premium companies. If you aren't familiar, you pay for a monthly package of random pop culture merchandises to arrive at your home, based on a certain theme or property, with the whole thing cost more than you pay in the first place (value for money) while the randomness factor is the main throughline that would make it worthwhile for you or not. I believe that Lootcrate actually make their own stuff rather than just going through what has come out in the market and put them in a box, making it much more valuable and rare than any others and they would be able to directly cater to what the customers want instead of having to scour for them. I am quite surprised to see this shirt have traveled so far and ended up in a random bundle shop for me to run into and bought and fully appreciate it! 
Regarding the shirt itself, I can positively say that it is made out of such fine materials, with 60% cotton and 40% polyester, resulting in smooth finish for the fabric. The futuristic cop print at the front is really of highest grade as well, looking perfectly vibrant with colours and details as it is while matching well with the gray background! The risk of buying shirts specifically from United States is that the sizes differ with what we have locally and while the collar is unfortunately a tad too low from what I'm used to, the whole fit of the shirt works well with my specific stature. At least I can wear this proudly outside with comfort, proudly showcasing my love for this cult classic film!
Robocop have never looked so good!

-
a case for what's in the box:
+ Positives +
sleek and simple design with a wonderful art representing the late 80's icon.
? Main contention ?
I wonder what else have they come out themselves ...
- Negatives -
a slight misfit in the department of the collar. everything else is superb though!
RM
RM25 ... another value for money for me!
? Value ?
+ design + colour - droopy collar + comfort + material + pop culture representation = 90%
--
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.