Ads Top

"And that's the bottom line coz Stone Cold said so!"

Wardrobe Wednesday 015
Stone Cold Steve Austin
3:16
< WWE (?) >

Being on topic, I want to highlight another wrestling shirt that I acquired months ago of the number one wrestler in my heart, Stone Cold Steve Austin himself. I came across it accidentally and despite my friend's caution of its size (I'll highlight it later). I don't really mind at all since it is an authentic piece of merchandise (well, that's debatable) of my favourite WWF/WWE persona ever.
He was one of a kind wrestler with the skill on the mic that's unrivaled at the time and his most well known of all time, "according to Austin 3:16, I just whopped your ass!" was the result of him improvising on the spot when being interviewed after winning a match in the King of the Ring Tournament. This resulted in him getting over with the audiences with his own catchphrase despite being a heel, and the rest was history. This is his calling card which is one of the reasons I bought this shirt. The other reason is the the iconic skull that was always embezzled on his signature sleeveless jacket that he wore during his entrance, another visual symbol that is synonymous with him!
I just noticed that it's not actually made by WWE but rather just a random blank black shirt that was printed on it the Stone Cold brands for suckers like me to buy it without a second thought. Since it was quite rare to find an authentic shirt here locally, I will take what I can get! The shirt itself despite its way-too-huge size for my middling stature (I'm 78 kg  x 174 cm so ... do the math, I don't know) has quite a decent quality with its cottony thickness while the prints on it still holding on quite well. It does shows its age with how worn the lettering and skull is but I love that natural vintage aspect of it. It may not be the most ideal shirt for me to wear around with the (originally Bible) quote and the huge skull as well as its janky size but it is fitting for me to wear whenever I watch wrestling shows at home, or when I want to sweat with its thickness. When I do wear it outside though, I'm sure longtime wrestling fans would recognize it right away! That's the main reason I keep buying these shirts: to wear proudly pop culture properties that I am fond of and to find out if others share the same passion as mine.
-
a case for the oversized commemorative shirt:
+ Positives +
Perfect and clear Stone Cold print. "What?"
? Main contention ?
I'm sure I will find a WWE Steve Austin in future soon enough. Here's hoping! "What?"
- Negatives -
Big. Enormous. Not really authentic! "What?"
RM
RM 25 I believe. The seller knows its value to me. I didn't notice the shirt tag! "What?"
? Value ?
+ design - draping + wrestling merchandise + WWE - second fiddle + material - linty = 60%
--
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.