Ads Top

for your grumbling stomach

drowsy - void - time
pet peeves Monday 014 & misc list 035
It's days late but just like I always said, better late than never. With that being said, I think it is appropriate to cover this upcoming fasting month for Muslim:
#037: that drowsy feeling
I do look forward to fast for the whole month but it could be daunting since you had to remove yourself from the existing working schedule that you already used to and had to work out a new one to fit the requirement of the fasting. In this particular instance, it is the adjustment of my sleeping schedule and had to fit in an early five o'clock sahur or early breakfast before Subuh as the one fuel for the day before the inevitable fast break at seven in the evening (at least here in Sungai Besar, Selangor). I couldn't fall asleep for some reason last night until 3.30 in the morning and I had to wake up with the worse drowsiness I have felt for a long while but I fight through and ate it without falling asleep on top of the food, waited for the Subuh time to come and pray right away before falling asleep until 10.30. I hope I can go to bed earlier tonight but you can never know, right? It's only the second day ...

#038: emptiness
Since it was part of your daily routine, you were never aware of it but when it was forced away from you, now you noticed how much your life revolved around it. I am of course talking about eating! I enjoy eating really but never excessively yet I will always be surprised in the morning of the first fasting of the apparent void in the daily schedule was because there was no lunch or evening tea (or coffee in this instance, my mother would make it for my father to chat with around five in the evening). I wasn't actually mad that I couldn't eat during the day but I would notice it every time my stomach would grumble and I do not reciprocate as usual just like before.

#039: waiting
Without that one essential activity, you might feel a bit more vacant and that combination with the lack of food in your stomach might be disconcerting for some. Not for me though since I can find a lot of things to do before the clock turns half past seven and resulted in a less excruciating passing of time for me at least. If you slept through half of the duration, that could really help but I don't intend to cheat like that too much, I want to sleep as much as I can at night and wake up as early as I can to do the fasting properly. 
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.