Ads Top

as I silently washing

present - effort - level
pet peeves Monday 012 & misc list 027
Since I've been doing my own laundry for the past week, there were some parts that could enrage me if I'm not too careful. I think you can relate to these, that is if you do your own laundry of course:
#034: missing the boat
My usual sequence is washing with the detergent, wash it away with water and then put it in the spinner or dryer more accurately. It could take half an hour based on the load and based on how fast I go back to the washing machine when the cycle is over. It is safe to say that that is a lot of work but when I find out that there is a piece of clothing that I miss during the first collection, just the thought of going through that all over again is too much to bear for me. That one have to wait for the next day's turn. That's just fair, right?

#035: sweat and stickiness
I would not take the action of washing clothes lightly again especially after doing it myself. It's not exactly a pet peeve since it is necessary to do the laundry properly and it is a good exercise for my arm and grip muscles. The stickiness of the detergent on the other hand I could do without, but getting your hands dirty or in there to be more accurate would guarantee a perfect wash. I can't seem to avoid from being wet after each session but it's a sign of me having done it properly!

#036: the ultimate level
As I've mentioned before, the ending of the session would be punctuated by the putting all the wet clothes in the dryer to do the final spin. As I've heard from the shouting of frustration by my mother when the spinner being turned on and begin to bang to sides again and again, I learned later that it was caused by not properly putting the laundry in there or more specifically as level as you can without it leaning to one side or another. After a couple of times experiencing this myself, I learned the best solution is to actually fold the clothes and put them in there as careful as I can as their now folded condition makes the stacking much more easier. As a result, nine out of ten attempts the spin would go cleanly with as little or even no banging as possible! That banging sound has been my ultimate nemesis during the wash and I hope it would not come alive anymore after this.
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.