Ads Top

the reliable companion

hot (and cold) drinks
guilty pleasures Tuesday 005 & misc list 034
Guilty Pleasure Traits =
+ healthy(?) - risk of over-saturation + mass appeal + flexibility in temperature & taste + timeless + company = Overwhelmingly Positive

I've been struggling to put out entries on my own segments this week hence the abundance of POP designs and here I am in the last day of the week trying to make up for it! Trying to do it at least in sequence, my focus for GPT here is drinks. Nope, not alcoholic drinks but just regular drinks whether hot or cold. With the month of fasting started three days ago and I'm half way through the fourth, the void is surely felt whereby my usual habit of drinking beverages couldn't be continued and would have to be pushed to the eve of morning and the eve of night. Having the drinks as a warm company to my day when I am always alone is comforting in and of itself to me, as I look forward to the comfort of the warm liquids more so than the taste itself. Despite the title of this particular segment, it shouldn't be frowned upon to like drinking liquid since always being hydrated is good for the body but you should always monitor what you put into your body. I always try to dilute the usually potent coffee mixes available here locally as much as I can without losing the taste. 

My usual routine for the day is having hot Ali Cafe coffee to kickstart my day in the morning, probably hot black coffee in the evening with the side dish of crackers to dip them into the drinks while at night I would alternate between Chinese tea to occasional cold beverages out of the fridge. You probably notice that I hardly mention the colder alternative but this is my preference at home and truth be told it is better for the body to have more hot drinks than cold in the long term. That's what I believe anyway. With that being said, I still enjoy cold drinks as much as everyone else especially with ices since they can still be used for other juices when they haven't yet fully melt away. My go-to drinks when I eat outside is fresh orange juice with iced lemon tea a close second. Speaking of which, the latter is my go-to beverage every time I go to watch movies in the cinema. Going back to my inclination for in-house coffees, I will always make a full mug of it but would drink it until under half of it is left and I would save it in the fridge, cool it until it is cold and enjoy the same beverage in a whole new way! If you've been experimenting, you know that the temperature of the liquid affects how we experience its taste and feel, with hot drinks would stimulate different parts of the tongue while the cold coffees would taste wholly different to its hot counterpart.

It's never too late to spice up your day with different drinks with different temperatures that you haven't experience before. Would you join me in this beverage revolution?
-

Chance of Hitting Mainstream 
100% since every human being drinks liquids to survive so it doesn't hurt to have some variety.

a case for my warm (and cold) company:
+ Highlights +
Warming (and cooling) sensation that would help me counter the weather, i.e. hot coffee to warm up my body in the morning.
? Main contention ?
Every one have their own preferences for their beverages so these are just my own. I want to know yours!
- Lowlights -
Too much water can actually kill you. Be careful! 
{ underlying themes }
Hm ... nothing I guess. You drink to stay hydrated but you should always strive to spice it up!
--

Here is my some of my favourite beverages as I've mentioned before:

#01: Ali Cafe
+ creamy and filling sensation. ? too much for one whole sitting ... - ... if you don't dilute it properly!

#02: fresh orange
+ sweet and sour and cold perfection. ? every eatery have different way of making it ... - ... that a few would not suit my palate!

#03: Chinese tea
+ smooth and calming taste of tea leaves, a great palate cleanser. ? as always, tea differentiate with each other since they use different types of leaves. - be careful of the ratio since some can be much more overpowering!
---
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.