Ads Top

~ A'uzubillahi Minashaitan nirajeem ... ~

obligatory journal 010
New Year's Resolution #4
More regular reciting of Al-Quran
In line with my previous resolution regarding my religion, I want to as a Muslim to start reciting my Al-Quran more often compared to my previous disappointing attempt last year. If you're not familiar with the Holy Book of Islam, it is what we based our lives around alongside the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. and it would be smiled upon by Allah if the disciples recite it in their own time. The act itself is not an obligation but it helps in our appreciation and understanding of the texts and in turns the religion itself. I have been reciting from my religious school days but after that it has been sporadic at best but I have been trying to get use to recite again in a more frequent manner. All the techniques of reciting have been forgotten by me and I've been getting by with the most basic knowledge that I still have. My pronunciation needs to get better and I want to have a clear reciting experience without any major stumble. I'm basically starting back from scratch but we have to start from somewhere, right?

Chance of success:
80% if I keep following up on my mother's daily Al-Quran reciting.

My own Al-Quran even has its own translations right in the same page! I at least will understand what I'm reciting!

Bonus Point:
1+ if I could memorize more than three new surahs! I unfortunately know only a few ...
1+ if I can finish reading the entire Al-Quran this year! I'm over a quarter already, with reciting two pages every other day ... then I want to recite it all over again!
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.