Ads Top

two weeks in ...

obligatory journal 013
New Year's Resolution
weekly update #2

I'm trying to keep this up ... let's see if I can last the whole year! Do your own list as well and don't hesitate to let me know if you're having problems, I'm all ears. :-)
#1 more regular Al-Quran reciting
I have to admit that my reciting of Al-Quran has dwindled a bit compared to the previous week but made up for it (somewhat in my eyes at least) with a thrice visit to the nearby surau for Maghrib prayers and that writing down of the do'a after azan. This particular resolution should include anything regarding my religion since this is my effort to be a better Muslim in the end. As I try to improve my Arabic reciting skill, having the proper pronunciation of these words are vital and it made me think of fixing my habit of repeating the sounds without actually know how they are spelled. With that uncleaned yet sincere effort of writing them down properly, it would help me to fix my mistakes which I hope I help others to do the same as well
#2 weekly adequate exercises
It's actually the same time for last week as well, by alternating between running and lifting, endurance and strength. Same old, same old ... I'm doing good so farHow about you?
#3 more regularized Funko POP designs
Well, it's going downhill after this, isn't it ... there's only one for this week which is disappointing to me to say the least. It's just a character that I want to adapt but I never consider how difficult that particular suit was ... I just wanted to take my time to execute it to my liking. Let's hope the future holds something better for me.
#4 pray full for the whole year
Well, I was also doing the same as usual for my praying and even though I still couldn't pray at the exact timeframe especially for Subuh, I'm slowly improving as I try to fix my body clock and allow me to sleep early hence waking up early. It's more of the same but I'm planning to add more to my usual routine. Have you?
#5 giving back to the community
There isn't much to tell here, aside from my usual donation on the nearest mosque although I didn't came across any homeless during my trip around the town last weekend. Donating blood is still something I strive for but unfortunately couldn't get any proper information last week, which I hope would be rectified in the coming days. Truth be told, this particular resolution wasn't made to showcase my generosity but rather to make me accountable of my own promise. Please do not misconstrue my initial intention. 

I hope with my attempt to keep myself accountable, this would motivate you to do same!
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.