Ads Top

want to learn something about me?

obligatory journal 008 & topic of the day 045 & video of the day 041
73 Questions with Daisy Ridley
I would never match the charms of Daisy Ridley but I can at least attempt to retrofit some of those questions, apply them to my life and answer as well as I could. Or you can just watch her in the video again. I know I would! This is just a nice exercise for me and a nice way for you to learn a little more about me. Or don't, I'm not your boss. Anyway, thank you for your time!

What is my favourite colour?
I used to love green and blue, more so the former than the latter. Nowadays though I love making my wardrobe as colourful as I can.

Am I a collector of anything?
Maybe not before but I've been getting the Funko POP fever for over a year now and that resulted for half a dozen of POPs currently on display. If I have more money, I'll definitely add to that collection in the future! The same can be said of my recent hat/cap obsession. Since it's cheaper, it's what I've been updating the most.

Can I list all of my nickname?
Lep, just like the past tense of leap. Or Alep. That's it. My name is Alif, 'a' as in 'aha!', and 'lif' as in 'lift' without punctuating the 't'. I was just a normal kid back then, no need for any other nickname.

What book am I currently reading right now?
The last book that I read was actually Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Ever since then, I've been hooked with audiobooks of many sorts ranging from Star Wars Aftermath to Ender's Game to Ready Player One. What I'm currently going through is a Wrinkle in Time, just because of the upcoming Ava DuVernay.

What's the last song you slow danced to?
Hm ... I never do really but the last time was with my ex-girlfriend in a karaoke room as I serenaded her along. It was early in our relationship but we kissed for the first time in both our embrace. Even though we've parted ways years already, it's a sweet memory that I will never forget.

What is something that only 90's kids would understand?
A world without internet and cellphone. Yeah, there was a time.

What is my hidden talent?
I have a number of useless ones. One that I enjoy is that I can play basketball quite well.

What is my workout routine?
I jog (yes, jog. I can't run for a long duration) for thirty minutes for a day and alternate with full body or muscle workout. Then I took a day or two to rest. It's best to alternate between endurance and strength-based. Never do the same thing day after day, your body will acclimatize and there will be no progress.

What is my go-to karaoke song?
Better Man by Robbie Williams.

What's my worst habit?
I used to pick on my scabies. Yeah, I know.

What is my favourite thing to eat?
Satay!

Can I describe myself in three words?
Loner. Creative? Friendly.

What is my spirit animal?
Considering how much I love cats, cat then.

If I can a trip anywhere in the world, where would I go?
I have a lot of dream destinations but the one that sticks out right now is the town that inspired Hayao Miyazaki in Spirited Away, in Jiufen, Taiwan.

What am I really like in person?
Quiet, but we will get along when we get going, I assure you.

Who is my biggest role model?
My father. I went into army largely because I always look up to him.

What is one thing from my childhood that scared the heck out of me?
My mother going for hajj but since I didn't know any better, I tried to catch the van she was in and I ended tripped myself on the paved road and scrapped both my elbows pretty bad hence leaving myself with blackened ones for the rest of my life ... they do not look that bad now though!

What my favourite soccer team?
My football team is Arsenal of course!

What is the movie that made you laugh the hardest?
Hm ... one that comes to mind is Shaolin Soccer. One of a kind.

What is the movie that made you cry the hardest?
Unlike my appearance, I cry easily, turning on a dime, turning on the waterworks. Most recent is definitely Coco!

What is my favourite movie as a child?
I love Disney movies the most then (they do not diminish much at all now) and Hercules is at the top of the list.

What do you call your style?
Nondescript plain person with colour-coded outfit, or as close as I can be.

How do I like my tea?
A hint of sweetness since I want to emphasize the natural flavour of the leaves themselves.

What is the most Malayan thing about me?
That I wear kain pelikat when I want to feel breezy.

What is the least Malayan thing about me?
That I do not mind what other's preferences are. Religion is quite strict here in Malaysia.

Where do I see myself in ten years?
Still doing this blog I suppose. Hopefully having a stable job and if I'm lucky, a family of my own.

What advice would I give to my teenage self?
Do not worry about the future. Live your day without regrets.

What is the best advice I get from my mom?
You'll never know unless you give it a try.

And ... that is it! If you've made it this far, I hope you did read some of those and knew at least just a little more about me. Thank you for going on this little journey with and I hope you do come back for more!
source: Vogue, Youtube channel

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.