Ads Top

Wrestling ... for love ... of the art.

the Shape of Water, the Swan Club & WWE RAW
pop culture dailies 002
This is a good exercise for me. I've consumed a lot of  pop culture shows and movies that I barely could find the time to review them properly. I hope you guys enjoy this quick insight by yours truly!

WWE RAW 010817
I won't do that in-depth review again, took too much of my time! Writing down my insight on one of my passions is great but I have no idea whether the effort are being appreciated or not in the end. With that being said, this week's RAW is setting up a feud triangle between the returning Miz with his Miz-tourage, the remaining SHIELD members with the volatile Jason Jordan and the emergence of the Balor Club! He's not over enough for you? Building up to the first Women Royal Rumble match, I'm not sure what to make of the Absolution when the members lose clean. The eventual meetup between Woken Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt could be interesting especially in the Royal Rumble and the buildup has been wonderful so far! Oh, speaking of which, Kurt Angle is teasing a return of a veteran, I'm sure just one of the many that would fill the thirty men quota. The Cruiserweight Division is in a limbo right now with that count-out finish for the Championship but at least Goldust finds a new home. It's an interesting booking (some would even say maddening) to make the Bar lose just before a rematch for the RAW Tag Team belts but they might just add the underused Apollo Crews and Titus O'Neil into contention as well, and even Miz-tourage would not be out of question as of now! Heck, the eventual clash between the three giants for the Universal Championship would be groundbreaking if the all the over-the-top behind-the-scenes antics are to be believed. Samoa Joe is going for John Cena? Sounds good in my book! Asuka's pursue of the title is halted by the big stumbling block in Nia Jax. An unstoppable force meets an immovable object. It's a clash deserving of a spotlight of its own. Well ... that's the quick rundown. I can't wait to see what SmackDown! has in store for next!

the Shape of Water
Guillermo del Toro's latest outing is a unique movie deserving of its own full review that I went out and seek myself since I can't wait three whole months to see it myself here in the local cinema. All the buzz around it I believe have been met and then some, as his wonderful period piece centers around a touching love story between a mute cleaner and a humanoid aquatic creature. There isn't much to spoil but as an avid fan of del Toro himself and enjoy everything in his track record, I urge you to watch one of last year's best cinematic experience. This could be at the top of my list for sure!

the Swan Club

KBS (here on Astro) has been wonky these past couple of months when they started to repeat some of the shows' prior episodes again and again without any initial notifications to warn the viewers at all (and only just last week they returned back to normal like nothing had ever happened at all. During that forced downtime, I stumbled into this unique variety show call the Swan Club, with a number of South Korean celebrities that have strong affinity to traditional dance or specifically ballet being given an opportunity to live up their longtime dream and learn how to become one themselves. You have to hand to them for having the audacity to keep churning out shows with a wide range of concepts from every part of the television spectrum, and this one in particular certainly a fine example of that. I didn't know how prominent ballet is in Korea's dance culture before watching the show and I certainly didn't know there are basic moves to learn and also how they can be reinterpret by each ballerina in their own ways. Being thrown straight into the pan (that's how it goes, right?) with the task of auditioning for a performance with a professional ballet company, I'm not sure if these amateurs would meet the high standard of the industry in the end. Do you have faith?
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.