Ads Top

♪ ... Hariku ... ♫♬

Song of the Day 005
Bedroom Sanctuary - Lagu
[Duration; 2 min 31 sec, April 6th, 2011]
Bo Amir Iqram {vocal & music}

Artist Attractive Traits =
Clear vocal, melodic cadence & great range. based on the video, a sense of humour!

Acoustic songs have always been my favourite genre of music among the many, reserved a spot in my heart and in turns in my ears when I choose which songs to be in rotation of my playlist. Just the gentle strumming of the musical instrument and the highly diverse element of the human voice, playing with and complement each other to create beautiful synergy of musical wonder as the finished products. As the sound of the guitar strings being strummed cannot be too different with each other unless if played in a different way or played by higher skilled guitarist, the human instrument of the vocal box differ significantly from one person to another and how it performs depend on the owner's ability to utilize it to its full potential and how their daily life has been affecting it. In this instance in particular,  Bo Amir Iqram used his in endearing ways by singing a simple romantic song while being accompanied by a simple ukulele. That is it, and it is wonderful. He sings just in the same range that I could sing (not as well at all, but I managed just fine for myself) which cemented this song in my infinite loop playlist. Oh, as always, this kind of genre will always have romantic tinge and approach to it but I can't help myself since I'm a romantic fool, even if I haven't have a relationship for years now. The simplicity of it is its own charms to me. Do you agree?

Chance of Mainstream Success =
50% since he's singing just in Malaysian language that's limited in its market although a sentimental artist is a niche market of its own.

Lyrics

hariku
harus dipenuhi dengan kehadiranmu sayangku
fikiranku
hanya dipenuhi dengan senyumanmu

alangkah indah
jika dirimu sentiasa
di sisiku sayangku
berikanku hanya satu
hanya satu
lagu

hariku
harus dipenuhi dengan kemanjaanmu cintaku
fikiranku
hanya dipenuhi dengan suaramu divaku

*
alangkah indah
jika dirimu sentiasa
di sisiku sayangku
berikanku hanya satu
hanya satu
lagu

*ulang

Songwriter: Reggie Watts, duh!

-

a case for Bo, a laidback independent artist:
+ Highlights +
Simplicity at its finest. The tongue-in-cheek music video is just icing on the cake!
? Main contention ?
Despite the negative point below, I can't argue the fact that I do enjoy listening to foreign songs that I totally do not know the meanings are i.e. Korean songs, I even have one in my rotation! I'm optimistic that people would enjoy music as it is no matter the language it's being spoken in.
- Lowlights -
I'm not clear whether or not he has venture into English language landscape but if he didn't, Malaysian language is not as widely known as it has been before hence less people around the world would even approach his works if they knew the language since it could be daunting and sometimes they want to understand what is being sung as well, not just the music and the vocal talent. 
{ On the surface and/or underlying themes }
Based on the upbeat melody the guitar (or ukulele) being performed and how quirky the music video itself is, I'm pretty sure he have a positive view on life and on the subject of love, he will give his all to the one he loves ... but that doesn't mean he can't have a little bit of fun while he's at it.
--


P.S. That music video took place in the historic city of Malacca! Go there for the historic buildings and vehicles!
- - -

- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.