Ads Top

In search of freedom.

Agents of SHIELD s05e06, Brawl in Cell Block 99 & the Seven Deadly Sins
pop culture daily consumption 001
I consume a lot of pop culture alongside my constant web-surfing and blog-posting hence this specific edition to let you guys know what I've been watching (and reading) every day. I hope I can recommend you guys and gals something that would strike your fancy!
Agents of SHIELD s05e06 Fun & Games
The fifth season came back from the break by following up on what have been set up in the previous five episodes, letting the story naturally unfolded as the SHIELD members from the past were at their most peril under the ruthless ruling by the Krees of the future. I won't spoil it for those who is still behind but the arrival of a certain determined star-crossed lover set them now to a whole new dynamic for the next followup. This show have been undeservedly being looked over  for years now as it keep getting better and better with season four's three arcs structure is the best iteration yet! With abc not giving the show its proper audience, let's hope if it's on the verge of cancellation, maybe it will get a new lease of life in the new Disney streaming service that could debut next year. I'm hoping!
Brawl in Cell Block 99
If you've seen Bone Tomahawk, you'll know what's coming for you. I've seen it, but couldn't remember the name of the director so I was gladly surprised by this effective slow burn of a crime thriller as we follow the charismatic (and purposely silent) lead of Vince Vaughn in the breakthrough role of his career, going through the American prison sytems. The pace might not be to the liking of some but it is being used effectively to build up the character and the eventual storyline he's forced into in the second act. You'll know why the movie is titled that way when the hand to hand action sequences began to pick up with a bang, or more appropriately a crack!
the Seven Deadly Sins @ Nanatsu no Taizai
I've just started to get into this manga series after discovering that it's getting its own game soon, and I'm glad that it's another unique manga series that's at least visibly different compared to other nondescript series. Truth be told, I just finished reading the introductory one-shot but the setup in intriguing enough to keep me going. The amount levity was there to offset the surprising amount of gore considering the rather youthful style by Nakaba Suzuki. Fight-based mangas is always primed to be adapted into a beat-em-up, huh?
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.