Ads Top

my one-of-a-kind unique memorabilia.

Wardrobe Wednesday 002
 KRABI, THAILAND HAT 
~ unknown night market vendor ~
< custom >
I had a wonderful time going on a vacation with my mother and her fellow former teacher friends there in Krabi, Thailand (I still remember that unforgettable snorkeling in that blue sea) and when I went to the city for sightseeing and buying a few memorabilia, I didn't think much of what to buy really as I went through the night market (I forget the name already, it's in my past post on Instagram I believe). It is more or less the same as the local ones here, just the amount of stuff and the variety of them differ since it is the major tourist spot there. Mom would always provide me with a few extra cash to buy anything that I want but since I know it's not unlimited, I have to choose carefully which one to buy, and I decided to buy something that's out of the ordinary and one-of-a-kind, one that can only be bought here.
After minutes walking through the market, I went back to the one item that caught my eye early on right in front, just after the main entrance: this simple yet colourful red cap/hat. I can't remember its exact price (maybe around 20 to 30 Ringgit Malaysia?) but what made it stuck out among other merchandises is how they made a simple red hat unique by adding colours on it in a unique way that I've never seen before, rather than just a generic tourist hat with logos emblazoned or printed on it. Applying different layers of watercolour paints on them gives it a little more depth and unique texture on the cloth, giving it a novel look that would be different from one to another since it's made by hands. The icing on the cake is the simple Krabi cursive 'insignia' applied at the front of the cap with small Thailand 'plate' to complement it and complete the design, with smart pick of black and gold that popped even more contrasting with the red background. The canvas used here is not too simple with extra layer of cloth for the front inside (as it should have) and even though it won't match the quality of the more premium maker (i.e. New Era). it is design being applied on it that makes me want to treasure it until now.  
Oh, since I comparatively have a bigger size head than the usual size being sold on the market which is why I really appreciate any cap with adjustable width such as this. Truth be told, it took a few embarrassing moments for me to grasp this particular mechanism seen above, but I get the hang of it now!

-
a case for the unique handmade wearable merchandise:
+ Positives +
Simple hat with unique design being applied on it with new, interesting method (to me at least) that accentuate the red color even more, with that cursive Krabi and Thailand plate just put it over the top for me.
? Main contention ?
I do not know the original designer so I cannot properly credit him for his work ... if you're from around her, please let me know!
- Negatives -
Yes, it is a simple method that everyone with art skills can do by their own, but it meant a lot more to me than just another tacky (not to me though) merchandise. I can appreciate as a fellow (albeit amateur) artist and it would always remind me of that snorkeling!
RM
Hm ... I can't really say for sure but around RM20 to 30(+/-), it could be a bit pricey but worth it for me for the memories!
? Value ?
Memory + Design - Cap + Abroad = 80%
--
P.S. I was planning to do a different segment for my cap/hat collection and not mix it with my clothes in my wardrobe but I don't think I can expand on them as long as I wanted to.P.P.S. Oh, I did write a few descriptions for each picture above, so hover over them or click on them to view what I wrote! P.P.P.S. That value element I didn't put in my first post, so go back there to see how I graded the Pac-Man shirt.
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.