Ads Top

"I can do this all day ..."

Wardrobe Wednesday 003
CAPTAIN AMERICA SHIRT
~ unknown designr ~
< Marvel >
I know it's a bit late but I want to keep my words and deliver if I can, even if it's late. Better late than never, right?With that being said, I want to let you know that I am really a movie aficionado, much much more for the superhero sub-genre and the Marvel Cinematic Universe specifically. Which is why I'm passionately looking for Marvel merchandise but when I looked up how much they cost, it deterred me somewhat but never actually stop my quest, just forcing me to adjust my expectation for the lower rung. I still have hopes to buy that holy grail (so to speak, I know the Bible connotation) of mine, the gorgeous Doctor Strange custom cap with its own fitting price (Oh, my one for DC is that equally wonderful Wonder Woman cap with that 'leather' aesthetic ... even if it's for woman it doesn't mean that I can't appreciate a delicately design cap myself!).
This shirt in question that I bought after countless window-shopping at my regular shopping mall in the city is not really as fancy and better designed as the others on the rack (that have higher production values and of course with the price tag to match), but I found it to match me perfectly. First of all, the character it is based on is Captain America and the de facto leader of the Avengers (Tony Stark might have something to say about it) and his boy scout attitude certainly apply to me as well, right down to him playing by the 
rules and do good for others (I know, I know ... that's so cheap coming from my own self, but it's a good rule to live by!). Second of all, they adapted his signature suit from the movies particularly well by picking certain elements that stand out i.e. the star (of course!), the shoulder emblems and the linings going across the body. The shirt couldn't be as complicatedly designed as the real life counterpart hence the replacement of uniformed dots going all over the canvas, which I think a decent substitute especially with the slightly raised indentations on each of them, giving it a tactile sensation to the touch. Last but not least, that letter 'A' at the back, representing him and as I want to imagine when I'm wearing it, myself! You should always find positivity in your life whenever you can. ;-)
-
a case for the perfect representation of an American hero:
+ Positives +
The simple yet effective representation of his canon suit,
~
the SHIELD logo, of course! Since I won't find any Agents of SHIELD merchandise here, this is the next best thing!
~
That A!
~
I appreciate the raised indentations of the dots.
? Main contention ?
That American flag is part of the costume ... even if I'm not from the country myself, I wearing it to honour one of my favourite superheroes!
~
The material itself does not look as smooth as other cotton-based would but it is still soft on my hands.
- Negatives -
The linings do not actually line up perfectly ... it doesn't have to in my opinion though, it's just a nitpick if I am forced to highlight anything negative.
RM
As other imported goods would have suggested, the good itself might not justify the price tag it carries and in this instance RM 45 (give or take, can't remember the exact number) is just about right for this one.
? Value ?
Design + Nostalgia +/- Simplicity + Tribute = 50%
--
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.