Ads Top

POP, blog, choice ... what next?

obligatory journal 019
New Year's Resolution #6
venturing out of my comfort zone

As I've mentioned in earlier posts, I've been resting on my laurels as I found my niche in creating custom Funko POP designs for over a year now (if my mind serves me correctly) and it has been my comfort zone ever since, a fitting platform for my artistic output as I began to get it going again for staying dormant for so long. Since I have been getting my groove back now, the thought that crossed my mind was what if I took the plunge into comic book making? Even if didn't have the slightest clue of making one on my own, I decided to give it a go right away before I ruminate on it too much until I talk myself out of it, just drawing anything that came to mind without any prior blueprint or genre or even storyline to cater to, decided to base it on the blog itself or rather what the prior posts were about ... the end results was not that bad at all! Starting with stick figures eased the burden a bit and when I finally had the ball rolling well, I started to give it a little more depth and that last shot of the hand grabbing the vintage bomb is my most beloved one yet. I was surprised how well the whole thing came out after I finished inking all of them! Taking a little of a hiatus this week with the multiple choice strips filling in the gap, I intend to get all three running at the same time next week: POPs, the blog-based and choice-based comics ... and maybe add to that when inspiration strikes me again! Even if you all didn't converse with me directly, I hope you'll enjoy this artistic journey nevertheless and jeep on visiting day after day because that's the only way I can gauge the receptions.
:-)
Chance of success:
90% if I do not stop or take a long break ... wish me luck!
Writing is not my forte, but maybe I can give it a go as well in the coming weeks ... :-)

Bonus Point:
1+ if I could make a fully working series filled with stories and characters,
1+ if I could successfully colour them in, releasing a fully coloured chapter one day!
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.