Ads Top

from the land of the rising sun ...

Wardrobe Wednesday 007
NJPW x CMLE
Tour shirt
~ ~ ~
NJPW >

Since this segment always be posted almost a day late, maybe I should have just rename it to Wardrobe Thursday, but it wouldn't rhyme anymore! Truth be told, I always thought of the day and what could fill in the slot not before the day arrived but rather when I am way past half the day anymore. So, I hope you guys would be understanding of my predicament in trying to keep to my predetermined schedule.
With that being said, today's object of affection is my first ever personal wrestling shirt in my collection, which is a NJPW shirt that I of course found in my most frequented local thrift or bundle store. NJPW is an abbreviation of New Japan Pro-Wrestling, appropriately an established Japanese pro wrestling company that have been gaining momentum in the recent years and blown up last year with the groundbreaking six stars Okada-Omega feud, making them rival even the titan that is WWE. Since I've been introduced into the world of 'pro wrestling by being exposed to the latter's product ever since I was a little kid, I am sure attached to them but by seeing the reception of the wrestling community online and their valid criticism of the industry as a whole, I've been viewing the products with even more critical eyes myself hence seeing how NJPW produce a better product in more ways than one, if compared to Vince McMahon's baby. I haven't done a deep dive into the Japanese waters yet but I'm looking forward to do so in the future.
My personal opinions notwithstanding, I grabbed this shirt immediately since it is rare to come across a wrestling shirt this far from the city even to the level of downright nonexistent, which is why any merchandise from any valid company would be treasured by me. This one in particular is quite a unique one if you noticed the primary colours over the NJPW logo, representing the successful collaboration of the aforementioned company with a local promotion during their Mexican tour many years ago. Aside from that simple yet effective design choice, the handy list at the back is a nice reminder of how far they have gone, especially the wrestlers in their respective rosters i.e. Shinsuke Nakamura and Thunder Liger for example. Regarding the shirt itself, the material is a bit thicker than the usuals that I had which adds to the variety of my wardrobe since most of them are not that thick. Do they have thicker fabric for wrestling fans because of they are on the thicker side? Nevertheless, I will keep on looking for more to rival my undying love for it!
-
a case for my first official wrestling shirt:
+ Positives +
Simple yet sleek design, representing the promotions perfectly.
? Main contention ?
It is not as well known as WWE but I would wear it in the hopes of finally running into someone that recognize the logo instantly, finding another brother in arms enjoying the medium of pro wrestling!
- Negatives -
It is not as recent as I hope since they are having their best run yet but this is a collector's edition!
RM
RM15 = value for money for a RM50/\ shirt.
? Value ?
+ Design + Form + Material + Value for Money - lint collector = 70%
--
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.