Ads Top

You are my perfect fit!

Wardrobe Wednesday 004
NY YANKEES
dark chrome fitted back
~ unknown designer ~
< new era >
Let's go back to when I caught the cap fever for the first time ... it may not be perfect but that's the beauty, isn't it?
My first introduction to this new wardrobe selection was not by my own volition but rather by my first brother, Amin, who left a lot of caps in my possession that weren't to his liking anymore. I am impressed (stll am) by the quality of these caps and even though there are a number of companies that developed them, the one that stands out is New Era. I love the weighty feel of it in my hands, how the canvas used feel solid or rather sturdy with the overall shapes of the top of the cap and the front rim remain, how they retain the colours even after years passed (he kept them for so long but they still look as vibrant (well, as vibrant as black could be, he's not a fan of colourful ones) ... but almost most of them are too small to fit my comparatively larger head, making me clamour for that elusive one that would fit me perfectly. After a few attempts in trying to find it in nearby thrift shops ...
... voila, I found the perfect one after all! One rule of going into thrift or bundle shops is that you should never expect to get these secondhand items in perfect conditions as they were when they were on the shelves. This one in particular is an example of that with all the imperfections but it fit my head perfectly, so I'll take it where I can get it! It is a bargain definitely but I can't help but notice the differences between this one that is has been used constantly to those that have been stored well. The front rim is a little bit less sturdy, the canvas of the cap top would not hold its shape as well and the frizzly remains on the surface of the inside. Nevertheless, I will cherish it as my perfectly fit snapback!
As a disclaimer and warnings for my future posts, I am never that familiar of the baseball team myself but I can appreciate a good piece of clothing if I ever saw one. I will wear it with proud nonetheless! ;-)

-
a case for the seasoned yet fit cap:
+ Positives +
Yes, that perfect fit ... I never knew the diameter of my head is 62 cm!
~
I love the particular shimmering material used, not too tacky at all paired with the darker background.
? Main contention ?
Snapback is a tricky type of cap since I have to find the perfect fit since it won't look good on me if it's too small or too big ... I agree it is a much more elegant choice compared to those with adjustables at the back but it's just unfortunate that I have to look over those that I like because it won't fit me. 
- Negatives -
Yeah ... the wear and tear accumulated over time ... and that crease at the front of the snapback that I can't seem to get rid at all! I can see it on a number of others caps as well ... is it not removable at all?
RM
RM 15 ... it's a bargain and with the accompanying faults, it shouldn't have gotten any higher I think.
? Value ?
Design +/- Form + Material + Value for Money - Wear and Tear = 60%
--
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.