Ads Top

my love turning into a motivation

setting for standup 001
First Topic: Flirting vs Creeping
I've been meaning to get my creative juices flowing in the written medium but just couldn't even think of where to start. There were a couple of entries months ago, being inspired back then with the writing prompts but nothing much besides that. After hearing the sets of some of the standups on Put Your Hands Together, I actually can relate to some of the topics they touched upon since I experienced them myself in my own specific way. Which is why I am incline to write my own set from my own particular perspective. I might not be performing them anytime soon, but it would be a quick outlet for me to express my opinion and hopefully inducing a little humour and laughs out of my misery. So, here we go:

I am an introvert, and that makes it hard for me to approach woman.
Getting the ball rolling is the hardest compared to when you know the other side is reciprocating your feelings, the uncertainty and the risk of failure can really be daunting. 
Which is why I want to make sure first before I take that first step. If I found a girl working at a shop attractive and strike my fancy, I will frequent her it whether it's a convenience store or a bakery to see if there's any spark between us. Don't judge me, everyone have their modus operandi, alright? At least mine is I believe the least offensive and invasive compared to the guys out there, being just another regular customer while respecting her place of work.
This is the thing though: there is a clear distinct line between flirting and harassing. Whether you are giving knowing looks and smiles and they are thankfully being replied back or you are still doing the same thing and being met with a horrified look on her face! When you strip away any romantic affiliation from your actions, you are just a creepy customer standing in a corner giving creepy smirks and leers towards one of the frightened workers while holding a piece of bread!

Set quality: 30%, not enough comedy with a lot of settings without much pay off ... too long propbably.
Position: closer to the opening, probably the second or third just to make the audiences familiarize with me.
Topic: relationship (100% relatable). 

-
P.S. This is really based on my real life experience, so if it didn't tickle your fancy, you at least know a little more of me!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.