Ads Top

♫ I get knocked down, but I come back up again ... ♪ ♬

obligatory journal 020
New Year's Resolution
weekly update #6

There is a lot of downs and just a handful of ups ... better be grateful of the latter! \ (•◡•) /
#1 more regular Al-Quran reciting
Here's the thing: it is always a motivation when you have your mother in the same house and she would recite every day but when she wasn't here last week and this week as well because she went for umrah in the Holy Land and still there until this Sunday, it is up to myself to motivate myself and keep up the routine to be blessing our home as much as I could. Truth be told, I was doing quite decent actually! At least three of the days I was reciting the Al-Quran three pages a day ... I was quite proud of myself but I know I can always do better.
#2 weekly adequate exercises
Oh, it went downhill fast last week ... that recurring knee injury was haunting me and kept me from doing any jogging at all yesterweek, aside from a short weight-lifting segment last Tuesday and 'the walking exercise' I had when I went for the movie the next day. Hey, you take what you can get when you're far from your usual self. I have to made it up this week since it was all in my psychology that hindered intention to keep jogging despite the throbbing sensation was long gone already. Learn from your mistakes and make a better tomorrow for yourself.
#3 more regularized Funko POP designs
Well, even my POP designs suffered last week... that little detour really messed me up! I'll definitely bounce back!
#4 pray full for the whole year
I couldn't shake the weekend slump that had been recurring again last week ... I am just human and susceptible to be resting on my laurels, but it is all up to myself to do something about it when you became aware of it. Having prayed the whole five prayers for the day certainly eased your mind as a dutiful Muslim but it would always bothered me when I left some of them, especially when I intentionally doing so ... at least my conscience know the truth, right? I just need to stop giving weak excuses and just do my responsibility!
#5 giving back to the community
Nope, still nothing ... this is not looking good for me!
#6 going out of my comfort zone
I want to do a weekly recap and see how far I've gone with these new ventures ... I took a week off for the former while the latter is a lite replacement. It is up to me to keep these two going alongside the Funko POPs!

I hope with my attempt to keep myself accountable, this would motivate you to do same!
-
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.