Ads Top

hate the smell but love the taste? I've got just the product for you!

Delicacy of the Day 002
POP CORN durian flavour
Availability: Nationwide! {here in Malaysia at least}
I've been meaning to add to my weekly segments especially to pair up with my Wardrobe Wednesday aside from my usual pop culture posts scattering around my blog. Since I never get any kind of feedback (I'll keep bringing it up until I actually receive one ... maybe if I didn't, I will keep mentioning it from time to time as our running joke. Oh, if you're a regular patron here in my humble platform, I sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart! How far I've gone from the start, huh?

Getting back to the topic at hand, I found it hard to follow the first post on kue tiaw kung fu since I rarely do get out and experience this food but as a fitting alternative, I want to give another section of the food industry a shot and highlight them from my own local perspective. Today's product of the day is something that I have enjoyed even from my childhood and thankfully virtually nothing has changed from its earlier iteration to its current version now, from its attention-grabbing packaging to its own particular taste, all of its own signatures that I still remember and cherish to this very day. Granted that this is categorized in the jajan category if you based on the local bahasa pasar or slang ... what is it called in English again? When I remember, I'll use it in the future but suffice to say that it is easily available in stores everywhere and can satiate your hunger in leisure or in haste but that convenience of availability would be shorthanded by the nutritional value of the products or the lack thereof. With that being said, I kept that in mind when I came across them in the aisle since you should always be aware of what you're putting in your body, and this is one of my choiced junk food (that's the term!) that I would buy once weekly or in two weeks when I feel like it.


Regarding the food itself, its puffy nature is quite an enjoyable treat in and of itself to chew and crunch on over and over again  (which is understandably being used for myriad of other products in the market) and the vibrant yellow colour that matches the packaging represent perfectly the fruits it use as the ingredients, as the corn support and complement the obviously stronger taste of the durian (although it was stated that the former is natural while the latter is manufactured, it tastes the same to me!) which I love the combined taste since this is the one byproduct of durian that actually like to eat whereby I do not particularly inclined to eat the fruit itself just like all the rest of my family members do. I'm sure there are many people out there that do not like it as much and even repelled by the pungent smell alone but I think this is a good alternative that they could experience and taste without being overwhelmed by it. Sure, durian purists would prefer the original but this is for those who needs an enjoyable copycat that is not half bad at all!
-
a case for the decent copycat without the frowned upon odour:
+ Positives +
Sweet taste of the corn+durian combo coupled with the satisfying crunchiness of its 'crackers'!
? Main contention ?
I wish it could have a version of any other fruits out there that are inedible to some in their original natural state ... at least it's still going strong after all these years, showing that it's constantly loved.
- Negatives -
It might not be comparable to the original's taste and texture but it is a viable alternative nevertheless.
~
Since they are food preservatives and additives used, the aftertaste could not be pleasant to some.
! Warning !
Quite an addictive munch if I went by my own experience ... please eat in moderation.
j preferred way of eating f
I would put as much as I could in one palm and put them all in my mouth in one go, having the pleasure of sensing the crunch and tasting the durian at the same time in every crook of my mouth ...
* the sense of touch & taste *
The crunchiness of each cracker is the signature of the product and it certainly satisfy your sense of touch. The taste of the corn and durian are prominent throughout all of them, not deviating one bit.
 <+> 
Well ... as I've mentioned earlier, it is not as egregious as other junk food out there, but it would be a futile effort to try and find much nutritional values, if any. 
RM
It's certainly on the cheaper side (in my humble opinion, cheapest compared to other snacks that keep dwindling the amount of crackers in the packaging but hike the price up!) with its RM1.49 price tag!
--
P.S. I do not want to condone eating junk food daily as a healthy alternative but just want to introduce to you guys out there what is available here in the Land of Tigers! Stay tuned for more, come back same time next time for another entry!
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.