Ads Top

♫ Put that thing back where it came from, or so help me ... ♪ ♬

Wardrobe Wednesday 005
Monsters, Inc.
dark chrome fitted back
~ still unknown designer ~
< uniqlo >
My visit to the nearby thrift or bundle shop had been mostly fruitful as my previous posts have stated and this one is not any different. I might not have much to say about this particular product since it is virtually the same as the my Pacman shirt with the cotton having almost the same thickness and sturdiness especially with that 'decal' being applied at the bottom part of the shirt's front. Even the logo, in this case the Monsters, Inc. company, is flocked! Regarding the art direction the still unknown designer went for, it is admittedly catering to the younger demography with the aforementioned 'decal' but it is fitting to the premise of the film itself since it is dealing with children, specifically their screams (and then ... !SPOILER ALERT! ... their laughs) and how they are perceived to be toxic to the monsters hence the wonderful warning at the front and the warning signs at the back! It is perfect actually for the film, encapsulate the premise in one full swoop! It might be a bit childish but it represents a part of me that resurfaces time after time. :-)
Oh, do you remember that I tell that having colour-coordinated wardrobe is my ultimate goal? Here is one perfect example of one set that I can wear! Indigo is not a colour that is as easily available as others and this is the only shirt that have it that fits me well, and that particular hat just falls short of a perfect fit (unlike the one I highlighted in this section before). It does not stand out as other colours do so it is just nice for me. :-D 
There it is. It is not as long as previous entries but I hope it is suffice for one. Do you agree?
-
a case for the helpful warning of the hazards of children:
+ Positives +
Clean design that perfectly encapsulate the main premise of the film, with standouts in the warning signs at the back and especially the yellow logo that literally stands out.
? Main contention ?
As popular the film is in the current pop culture, I am still unsure how many people here locally have watched it and would recognize my shirt just by first impressions ... well, as long as I am happy wearing it, it doesn't matter! 
- Negatives -
Well, that Pac-Man shirt can be considered as childish as well. Is it wrong for me to wear it though?
RM
RM 15, again a bargain and definitely worth every penny, or cents.
? Value ?
+ Design + Form + Material + Value for Money = 80%
--
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.