Ads Top

not the desired result but eventful nonetheless

obligatory journal 016
Moon Eclipse
a failed but eventful chase
I heard of the blood moon eclipse from my dear friend earlier this week and the notion of me watching the eclipse with my own eyes through a super-powered telescope at a local observatory. I was skeptical since there were slight drizzles throughout the day and it didn't seemed to be improving as we approached the evening and even though my fear was unfortunately proven to be right, I was happy with how the day went as I got to see a cool sunset!
Remember my earlier posts of some cool sunsets before? I didn't continue the trend since I had to downgrade my smartphone after the last one hang on me. With that being said, I can't miss this golden opportunity that presented itself onto me as I captured a number of beautiful shot of scenery, how the clouds were being lighted by the glow of the sun and amazed by how many cloud formations were there all around us. Being close to the sea certainly helped my field of view as I could turn 360 degrees to watch the horizon without any obstruction. 
Even if the sky was dark without any sign of the eclipse or even stars, at least I know now where the best place to watch them when the sky is clear in the future. There is that!
There was a proper explanation on this particular phenomenon by the department that was running the balai cerap. And if you want a clear visual representation, here's one by National Geographic:
-

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.