Ads Top

"Why don't you come down here, Falco?"

topic of the day 050 & video of the day 046
traditional sculpting of StarFox's Fox McCloud
Youtube channel: Sculpture_Geek

What, who, how? Then, so?

What, Who: a Youtuber Sculpture Geek demonstrating his skills in sculpting from scratch, sculpting and molding the special kind of Plasticine or clay first by hands roughly and than by specially designed sculpture molding utensils, the former to get the basic shape of the Fox McCloud's head down while the latter are used to add much more detailed finishes on the mold, showing the whole process from the simple start to its beautiful finish.

Then, So: I would strive to be as talented as he/she is in creating something out of nothing just like that, if only I would have the disposable income to buy virtually limitless amount sculpting clay and the proper utensils to sculpt them. I am always envious of those people online who could make their own custom Funko POPs if they wanted to and I could only sketch mine and would be severely criticized for that since I couldn't match the level those more fortunate artists have set already. I believe I could learn to be just as good if only I would be given the opportunity to get my hands dirty, get my own hands-on experience. Until then, I will keep seeing these kinds of videos to keep me motivated with my other artistic endeavours currently at hand.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.