Ads Top

"... Dejitaru Monsutā ...!"

POP's wish list 009 Digital Monsters {デジモン} [June 26th, 1997]
Gosh, I still remember that box!
As a kid of the 90's, I was actively involved in the initial first craze that is the Digital Monsters Virtual Pet akin to Tamagotchi (come to think of it, I had both at certain times in my childhood) and remembered putting the square mechanism together with a couple of my friends to fight each other's Digimon as one of my cherished memories. With the following anime series further fueling my passion for the franchise (I can still sing along with the theme song below, although I do not speak a lick of Japanese ... Doraemon's theme song is the only one I can recite the best, both the opening and closing but that's neither here nor there ...) I am at least happy to see it still going strong alongside Pokemon and whether or not Funko could get the partnership going with Bandai, it is a win-win situation especially if they release a throwback wave of the first ever Digimon ... monsters. Well here's hoping!
> Traits: An extensive (not as much as Pokémon but still) list of monsters with established household name and wide range of fans garners from over two decades of run!
Oh, since the anime human characters are as colourful as their Digimon counterparts, they too would be perfect for adaptation, especially if released as a two with their Digital Monster partner!


> Viability: below 70% since they still haven't a working relationship with Bandai as of now. If they could reach an agreement with Square Enix, they would not be that far ahead and Pokémon could follow suit!

. !

~~~
Thank you for your time and please do come back for more. Assalamualaikum and good bye! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.