Ads Top

♬ Maybe I could be ... ♪♫

Song of the Day 009
Daniela Andrade - Portrait of Someone

image representation to be sketched at a later date ...

alif {vocal}
Click here for my acapella cover <

Just because.
It works as a  mic test as well as giving me opportunity to share my guilty pleasure.
I can't sing well at all but I just want to share the feeling that I get when I sing my favourite songs.

You know the feeling, right? I might give it another try later and I hope it will get better.

If my cover is too much for you, here's the original to help you understand why I still have this song at the back of my mind, and still in my active playlist.


Such a beautiful song with perfect pairing of the melodic strumming and her breathy soft voice.
I can only pay homage as best as I could on how she sings the song ... when I have my own guitar, I will try to redo the cover to match her!

Lyrics

Maybe I could be a picture frame round the faces you like
or a kettle by the fire
In the morning when you need something to be warm in your hands
I could be your old worn gloves

If I could be your biggest mistake
the one that you hate
would it mean I'd get a minute of your time
cause the truth is I'd be anything for you
if you'd be mine

Maybe I could be your favourite colour on faded brick walls
or hanging in a gallery 
like a portrait of someone you'd like to picture at home
waiting for you all alone

If I could be your biggest mistake
the one that you hate
would it mean I'd get a minute of your time
cause the truth is I'd be anything for you
if you'd be mine
if you'd be mine
all mine ...

Songwriter: Daniela Andrade

-

P.S. That microphone though ... she deserves the best to catch that beautiful voice!
- - -

- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.