Ads Top

haunted by the tragic twist of fate

Castlevania Folklore Three Identical Strangers
pop culture dailies weekly monthly ...? 036
I caught a fever from yesterday and is still trying to recover here. Please forgive me for taking a much needed time off ...:

Castlevania
s02e01 War Council
It is finally here and you know I will try to savour every bit since we have to wait for it for so long! Double the episode count and I just have to hope that we don't have to wait that much longer for the third season, which will have ten in total. With that being said, this first episode follows the first episode of the last season by focusing on Dracula and his quest for revenge against the rest of humanity, with his disciples being brought together from all over the world to enact his plan. There are politics even under his regime and I am looking forward to see where this will lead. This is currently the best game adaptation as they pay tribute to the original game series while cherrypicking the characters and storyline to fit in their own unique narrative. It is always a bit short compared to other shows but it makes me appreciate them even more, as the quality of the animation as well as the voiceover are second to none. With Assassin's Creed could be next and maybe even the Legend of Zelda, I can't wait!

-
s01e01-e04
[HBO]
Came across this series randomly a few nights ago, I was positively surprised by how serious they take the Asian ghost stories by giving each of them their own solitary episode. I know this is done to be in conjunction of Halloween and in the same format as the horror anthology series such as Channel Zero, but I am over the moon that a premium production in HBO would even cover some of these supernatural folklore that I myself have heard of from time to time. I am not a binger i.e. watching all episodes in one go but I can't help myself from watching all of them (there's only four, right?), as I am invested in each character of each episode is focusing on that will correlate with the ghost of the week so to speak. There are moral value for each as the first touches on the consequence of negligence while the second is on the love of a father. It's a slow burn for each episode but that means we can effectively see how an encounter with these ghosts would change each human's life, for better or for worse. I love the psychological mind bender in one while Pontianak is something that I am really familiar with but the third with the tatami is really one of a kind. That last with Pob goes somewhere that I do not expect but all in all, I love how high the production value is which is to be expected and I hope this series would be watched by all Asians and even the whole world just to educate them of our local legends. Have you watch it as well?

--
Three Identical Strangers
[documentary]
This story was the talk of the town many years ago but this exceptional retelling goes through all the ups and down of how these three strangers came to meet each other after nineteen years. I will never spoil it for you since coming in with the least knowledge of the real life occurrence will be the best case scenario for you as the big twist should be discovered by yourself to have the biggest impact. I said too much! This is a definite must watch!

---
P.S. I genuinely feel for the 'strangers' at the end of the film!

Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.