Ads Top

Let's fly to search for new friends!

Dumbo - Pokémon Detective Pikachu - Toy Story 4
pop culture dailies weekly monthly ...? 041
I want to cover all these trailers one by one ... but I keep on postponing Captain Marvel and I will move on when I'm actually done with it. With that being said, here is the trio that came out last week:

Dumbo
[Disney]
Tim Burton is on a redemption tour with the recent Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children signalling his return to form and now following it up with a big studio full feature on an ambitious retelling of another animated classic, this time on the elephant that can fly. There will always be detractors on the big corporation trying to cash in on their properties while some are too jaded to be entertained with feel good tales anymore but I am always an optimistic person and be behind any endeavour to entertain the masses. Disney's live action retelling has been on a winning streak lately (although stumbles in creativity and approach here and there can be highlighted) and this looks poised to carry it on with beautifully realised animals and most importantly DUMBO! Of course the original storyline will need to be updated for modern audiences and it appears they have done well here while still paying homage to the classic, with that pink elephant bubble representing the more wacky side of the original. The main variable here is how will they approach the narrative aspect since the trailer focuses a lot on the two children instead of the animals that may or may not talk. Will it be enough with expressions and mannerisms only without any voiceovers? The almost photo realistic models certainly helps in that department and I am more than ever looking forward to see this next March 29th.
-

PokémoDetective Pikachu
[Nintendo]
As I've mentioned in my podcast, I was always skeptical when I heard of this project at first but now after seeing the debut trailer myself, I can't believe that I am so stoked for this to come out next May 10th! Seeing Pikachu, the main mascot of the franchise, being brought to life so beautifully complete with fur and the expressive eyes just bring me so much joy. Adding Ryan Reynolds' voice to it is just a combination that I didn't know I ever wanted before! The storyline is almost carbon copy of the original from the 3DS game and having only the main protagonist is just like in the game and it will present an interesting dynamic between the two throughout the film. Having all these cutesy monsters actually look realistic yet still keep their cartoony charms just gives me hope that they will be able to make a spinoff with Ash Ketchum and the gang from the famous anime series! You know that this will be a success, right? No matter the quality of the final product (I do have hopes in the director since he directed Monsters vs. Aliens and Goosebumps before), the colossal reach this IP have with their popularity at the highest after the GO app will guarantee the studio it will reach the widest of demography possible. Going with a unique premise with a talking Detective Pikachu might appear to be a weird concept for their first modern live action movie but it might just increase the intrigue of the public even more. Adding the current hottest talent of Mr. Deadpool himself maybe is the winning formula to put it over!
--
Toy Story 4
[Disney x Pixar]
Is it a good decision to make a followup after appeared to be concluded beautifully with the trilogy? Well, the problematic production for this fourth iteration sees the storyline moves away from the rumoured Bo Beep relationship with Woody to a focus on the gang with a new owner for once, with new type of toys to boot from the carnival prizes and one that is created out of the kid's imagination. That teaser is just a perfect introduction of the new character, Sporky, and the following 'teaser reaction' is just perfect recreation of Key and Peele's bell boy skit, introducing us to their characters while giving us a meta commentary on the franchise itself! Are you one of those annoyed with cutesy toys having deep voices? I've heard of that criticism when this duo was introduced but I am just happy to hear more diverse voices in my animations. I'm intrigued to see what will be the overall storyline they are going with. Are you as well or are you just set against this project from the get go? June 21st is the finish line for this tricky venture. 
---
Well, that's all folks! Thank you for your time and please do come back for my future posts! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.