Ads Top

♪ Put your hands together ... ♫♬

Podcast of the Day 007
Put Your Hands Together
with Cameron Esposito & Rhea Butcher, a first-of-its-kind weekly standup podcast.
[January 11th, 2013-]

Standup comic has been a novel idea for me here in Malaysia (although we do have well known local representatives in Harith Iskandar and the Chinese fellow ... oh, ssdasd!) but when I discovered it first through the Nerdist podcast channel through Todd Glass and Pete Holmes, the concept have been so intriguing to me that I began to look around and came across the now defunked You Had to be There and yes, Put Your Hands Together! The one big selling point of this podcast is just like the byline, it is my first experience of listening to the sets performed by these standups and it was and always been a blast! Not being able to attend one myself in the near future, it is a treat to hear these comics perform every week and hear their own particularly unique takes on themselves first and then the world around them. Knowing of the process behind these sets (from i.e. the Jackie and Laurie show) and how they run the comedy rooms (from i.e. the Meltdown with Jonah Ray and Kumail Nanjiani), I appreciate the whole industry wholeheartedly and will always be waiting for Cameron and Rhea to deliver every week!

Podcast's Dominant Traits =
A whole run through of a night at a comedy store (UCB) with wonderful personalities and equally diverse sets by the comics.

Chance of Mainstream Success =
Over 90% with professionally run hour of standup and two endearing hosts.

a case for a perfect audio representative of the US comedy world:
+ Highlights +
Strong personalities in Cameron and Rhea leading the show with their entertaining yet genuine antics while putting the spotlight on obscure talents, regular comedians and some of the biggest out there!
? Main contention ?
It is unfortunate not being able to hear some of the comedian's sets if they don't want you to since they are working on new materials and haven't been able to construct a solid set yet, but I understand the process and I hope this platform would allow them to do so and they would come back to present their finished sets here to complete the circle of comic life.
- Lowlights -
Freedom of speech bring a lot of American issues into light as these comedians commentating on what's wrong around them ... which admittedly would not appeal to all audiences.
{ Underlying themes and/or on the surface }
They are never shy in saying things as it is which is a delight to see and considering how volatile the climate there as of now especially around the politics, women and LGBTQ issues, they have been a clear, strong voice standing up for what's right in an environment that would look down on them. I applaud them for never wavering from their stance and I wish them all the best!
♫ listening style ♪♬
Since each episode will always be a laugh-a-minute session, I save them for any instance whereby I need to be entertained without taking too much of my focus away i.e. on my bike or walking around hypermarkets. I keep them as late as possible because I love laughing myself to sleep! Hahaha ...
--
[Release Schedule - weekly, Genre - comedy, commentary, mankind but US in particular]
feral audio - podbay -

- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.