Ads Top

everybody wants kungfu fighting!

Delicacy of the Day 001
Kway Teow Kungfu
Location: Restoran Bulan {Ijok, Batang Berjuntai}

If you're as intrigued I was the first time I read the name, the placement of the name was effective in attracting the patron's attention to this dish. If you're familiar with kuey tiow, this particular version use it to replace the rice in pattaya, with assortments of vegetables and rather thick gravy to complete the dish. To put it simply, it's a (flatten) noodle dish covered or more accurately being enveloped by a layer of eggs being fried first and then finished in the gravy as they both absorb it and make them extremely filling in the end. Oh, I forgot about the healthy amount of seafood i.e. prawns and squids and the complimentary fried onions. And the chicken as well, how could I forget about the chicken!
-
a case for the weirdly named dish that fittingly pack a punch:
+ Positives +
It's a rich dish in literal sense as well as in nutrients sense with the healthy serving of vegetables provide all the healthy minerals and fiber while the kuey tiow and eggs provide kanji and proteins respectively.
? Main contention ?
Kuey tiow is a flexible source of kanji as it can be cooked in various ways and would not lose its efficacy.
- Negatives -
I would eat vegetables if they're prepared accordingly just like in this dish but the almost absurd amount of them could be too much for some but for it's a healthier alternative for me compared to other dishes in my life.
! Warning !
For me at least, this is a dish perfect in an extremely empty stomach as it will fill you up to the brim! That does not include any drinks that you might have alongside the dish (here it will always mean non-alcoholic beverages ... I guess it depends on the crowd you're hanging around with).
* your sense of touch *
Your sense of touch is thoroughly satiated, with the softness of the kue tiaw and the eggs countered by the abundance of chewy, soft vegetables (and squids! And chickens!), complimented by the smooth gravy and the crunchiness of the prawns and onions. Ratio: 7:2:1
* your sense of taste *
I'm not skilled in recalling the taste and pinpointing exactly what is what but if my mind serves me correctly, I mostly remember the tinge of sour lingering in my mouth from the gravy as the fried eggs and kuey tiow provided a nice counterbalance in the food element.
 <+> 
The health benefits certainly overpower any health concern that could be brought up from eating fried food and artificial seasoning. 
RM
100% worth the affordable RM6.50 price!
--
P.S. This is my first attempt of describing a dish, so please bare with me through this process, with any constructive criticism that could be given will be received with open arms!
P.P.S. That family restaurant is the one I always frequented when I came back from movies!
- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.