Ads Top

Ready to fight, ready to be a hero and ready to ... look back?

POPs of the day 005 Attack on Titan's Female Titan, Gargoyle's Goliath
& Assassin's Creed: Unity's Arno

Should I really keep this going ...? I hope you guys are reading these posts. If you're not fond of the recent love for Funko, please do not hesitate to tell me! I will offset it with more movie and tv news ... that is if you even contact me, like at all! (Maybe being passive aggressive would do the trick ...)

+ Best + Attack on Titan's Female Titan +
Anime always have their own distinctive visuals and flair with equal amount of absurd premises and designs to boot. Attack on Titan in particular have a whirlwind of politics and agendas confined within the walls that is built for the impending Titan attacks and oh so much more ... the namesake is designed to be quite gross and threatening which is why highlight this Female Titan in particular because she looks so ... cute! All those exposed musculature looks just well designed instead of frightening on Funko's less realistic and more cartoony sculpt and that is just a perfect stance for her, representing her tenacity compared to the much bigger Male Titans. That is why I will buy it in a heartbeat if I ever came across it in the wild. Don't you think so?! Or are you grossed out already ...
~
? My wish list ? Gargoyle's Goliath ?
Just look at him! Isn't he perfect for a POP?! I apologize the shouting today ... I am just excited to see the endless possibilities if Funko started to go through Disney's more obscure cult hits but in the end, it is a business after all and every decision needs to be concerned of the potential bottom line. With that being said, I believe Gargoyle is a popular enough property to be profitable, especially if they look as good as Goliath above! I even surprise myself how well it is in the end. The proportions though ...
~~
- Worst? - Assassin's Creed: Unity's Arno -
I didn't think I am going to resort to this this early ... it comes to this; me going back to their earlier waves when they had much more rigid sculpts and monotonous basic layout/template and stance. It is only because they have come so far to have a much better technology now to do better sculpts with much more details and more importantly more lifelike. If I end up using their earlier works again in the future posts, please keep in mind that I know now that Funko can do a much better version now if they try, maybe even do a throwback wave with popular franchise that the fans could vote on.
Case in point: just compare how Arno looks in the game compared to his inferior sculpt counterpart. I might be leading the witness there but I believe it is justified in the end. Do you agree?

~~~
Thank you for your time and please do come back for more. Assalamualaikum and good bye! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.