Ads Top

A classic properly represented, a gem under appreciated and a head fit for it.

POP!s of the day 003 the Dark Crystal, Bong Joon-Ho's Okja & Batman: the Animated Series

This is starting to get tiring ...

+ Best + the Dark Crystal +
Despite being unable to watch the the film yet, I have learned of its reputation especially the Jim Henson's impeccable puppets. When I stumbled into this set, I was surprised how much details were included in each sculpt but when I looked at the full feature counterpart, I can't believe how familiar both iterations are to each other! The Funko renderers did tremendous works in transitioning the overall designs of the puppets to a smaller scale while still keeping the essence of each character.
~
? My wish list ? Okja's Super Pig Okja ?
I want to use this opportunity to put a spotlight again on Bong Joon-Ho's Okja that's out recently on Netflix. A bittersweet relationship between artificially created super pig and a young South Korean girl being embroiled in a war between animal activist and a giant meat conglomerate, caught between two opposing forces of different proportions! If that didn't convince you, watch it for the lovable Okja that I instantly believe as a real animal hence letting me believe in her with Mija. Love it to pieces!
~~
- Worst? - Batman: the Animated Series' Batman (Robot) {Chase} -
I took inspiration from a certain Youtuber that I can't remember which one on this particular pick. From the first glance, there was nothing wrong with this wave but when you compare all the version of the Dark Knight, you can see which one is the most special out of the three. Granted, this is purely based on the outer appearance as it always is in the world of Funko. Between them, which one is the most special? For me, I believe it is the two-face version as its is combination of the two which should be the Chase version. On the the other hand, I appreciate that the fans will be given the most opportunity to have the half robot-half human version. It is a bit ambiguous, but to each its own.
~~~
Thank you for your time and please do come back for more. Assalamualaikum and good bye! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.