Ads Top

A head in a turkey, a coin in the palm and a handful of ice.

POPs of the day 001 Mr. Bean, American Gods' Shadow Moon & Mortal Kombat X's Sub-Zero

I know I haven't been posting regularly in a while but I believe for the past week it's been consistent so far. Sporadic is a thing of the past as I try to keep this pace up, at least two in a day. In conjunction with my current craze for the Funko format, this is my attempt to carry on my pace with something that I'm passionate about which I can post quickly daily. With that being said, I hope you like it!

+ Best + Mr. Bean's Mr Bean with Teddy and Turkey +
 
It is not something that I knew would be adapted by the company at all but when I see it now in the 'flesh' so to speak (in the final render), I want it now more than anything else in this world! Mister Bean! With Teddy! Oh, how I loved this lovably goofy character played to perfection by Rowan Atkinson that I would never get bored of it even when I watch the show time and time again. With that Christmas turkey on his head from one of his most memorable scenes, it is a perfect representation of the slapstick comedy Mr. Bean is famous for and whomever did the sculpts for both version, they are perfect! The misaligned tie, the signature bland two piece suit, the thick eyebrows, that small memorable mole, and of course, the Teddy Bear! It is understandable for them to make the Chicken-head a chase, a limited edition for a piece of television. Let's hope the normal version is not an exclusive, please make it easily available, Funko!
~
? My wish list ? American Gods' Shadow Moon ?
This is one of my earliest custom drawings as I learned the shape and format of the normal Funko sculpt. With Luke Cage as the perfect main template, I was nervous during the process but in the end loving how he turned out. Ironically, this is one of the better skin tones I have done throughout my works. Regarding the premise itself, it was so imaginative and bizarre that I have profound appreciation of Neil Gaiman as an author and since Shadow Moon is the audience surrogate for show itself (at least at first), this is my tribute to how well the execution is and my way of appreciating the excellent actors who brought the characters to life to perfection. Now, onto Laura! 
~~
- Lowlights - Mortal Kombat X's Sub-Zero Chase Edition -
Fans have been looking forward to this adaptation of the cult hit fighting game but while the execution can be sorely lacking in some areas, this is one of the greatest errors they have made: only adding mere ices on the normal sculpt of the Sub-Zero and thinking that it would justify the Chase sticker! They could be coy by making it an exclusive only ... but a CHASE?! I know this is business but they could at least cover the cash-grabbing attempt a little more subtly. This kind of decision would encourage the current unfortunate trend of 'chasing chases' and 'flipping' just for the sake of making money and turning a profit instead of fueled by love for the franchises. Come on, Funko. Be better! Stop trying to squeeze us dry of our hard earned money without taking into consideration of how we feel!
~~~
Thank you for your time and please do come back for more. Assalamualaikum and good bye! :-)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.