Ads Top

♬ I was brought up in a line ♪♫

Song of the Day 014 & Song Cover 005
dodie - rainbow
alif {vocal}
Click here for my acapella cover <

Just because.
It works as a  mic test as well as giving me opportunity to share my guilty pleasure.
I can't sing well at all but I just want to share the feeling that I get when I sing my favourite songs.

You know the feeling, right? I might give it another try later and I hope it will get better.

If my cover is too much for you, here's the original to help you understand why I still have this song at the back of my mind, and still in my active playlist.

It's a wonderful with such a positive message that I want to cover it as an act of solidarity with the LGBTQ community. I suck at it but at least I can share my love for it with you guys!

Lyrics

I was brought up in a line
But I seem to walk in circles
It’s getting hard to navigate
When every map was never made for me
And I thought it would feel good
To understand why I was different
But my title just talks over me
I never even asked to be this way

But to say that I’m a rainbow
To tell me that I’m bright
When I’m so used to feeling wrong
Well, it makes me feel alright

I didn’t think it fair
I was not to be trusted
How can I be proud of
What a million people shout at me I’m not
So please step inside my soul
I’d love to watch you gasp
You’d understand in minutes
And I’d like to think you’d miss it
Cause so would I

But to say that I’m a rainbow
To tell me that I’m bright
When I’m so used to feeling wrong
Well, it makes me feel alright
So say that I’m a rainbow
And tell me that I’m bright
When I’m so used to feeling wrong
Well, it makes me feel alright
...

Songwriter: Dorothy Clark

-

P.S. Dodie is such a peculiar artist, with both her voice and range as well as her song writings! There's so many more I want to cover ...
P.P.S. I will do a deep dive on her songs soon. You can look forward to that!
- - -

- x -

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.